Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

SRO and AIWB

I may be getting ahead of myself, but as I look at where my RMR currently rides in my AIWB holster, I think that the SRO would fall at least partially below my beltline at my holster's current ride height. At first blush, I was thinking that there could be a benefit there for added concealment (at the expense of going up a waist size). As I think about it more though, if the SRO is exposed but partially under the beltline (like it would be with a traditional "RMR cutout"), would this create the potential for the pistol to be pushed out / dislodged by the belt under physical activity? Interested to see what Orionz06 and Tony Mayer think about holster designs.

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    I may be getting ahead of myself, but as I look at where my RMR currently rides in my AIWB holster, I think that the SRO would fall at least partially below my beltline at my holster's current ride height. At first blush, I was thinking that there could be a benefit there for added concealment (at the expense of going up a waist size). As I think about it more though, if the SRO is exposed but partially under the beltline (like it would be with a traditional "RMR cutout"), would this create the potential for the pistol to be pushed out / dislodged by the belt under physical activity? Interested to see what Orionz06 and Tony Mayer think about holster designs.
    I just took some measurements with my JMCK and Tenicor holsters and neither would put the optic below the belt line, but I do have them set at a higher setting for optimal grip.

The JMCK might have to have the optic cut extended just a bit for the optic to fit, but it looks like the Tenicor will work as is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The SRO would definitely sit below the belt line on my JMCK holster as well as probably get beat up by the DCC clip.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    The SRO would definitely sit below the belt line on my JMCK holster as well as probably get beat up by the DCC clip.
    It looks like switching to the height adjustable DCC clips might give you a little more space, but I don't think it would be enough. I'm running a Glock so I guess the geometry is just different enough to work. From what I can tell my holsters will have the SRO sitting a bit higher above the clip than your RMR is.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    First impression ?

Attachment 37577
    The memes are evolving

Name:  2019-04-26.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  68.1 KB

Did I read that the RMR will soon be updated to a top loading battery and a smaller version of the SRO shape display?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did I read that the RMR will soon be updated to a top loading battery and a smaller version of the SRO shape display?
    That is what I had heard from a very reputable source. It was explained that the RMR will receive updates like the SRO. But will not release til maybe Shot show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to hold off on the SRO as I am concerned about the moment arm created by the L-shaped cutout in the sight causing stress failures in the electronics package. The battery compartment could also be a source of failures. Of course, I always avoid the first generation of any new electronic product -- thirty years in the industry in multiple industry segments has hammered that lesson home.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    That is what I had heard from a very reputable source. It was explained that the RMR will receive updates like the SRO. But will not release til maybe Shot show.

Had to hit like again for this info. I'm so pumped I just hope it comes out before next SHOT. I still like the fact that the RMSw cowitnesses with standard sights. I don't know if I can wait a year. Maybe I just need to trade some crap or get an RMR2 in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Had to hit like again for this info. I'm so pumped I just hope it comes out before next SHOT. I still like the fact that the RMSw cowitnesses with standard sights. I don't know if I can wait a year. Maybe I just need to trade some crap or get an RMR2 in the mean time.
    As far as a carry optic the RMR 2 is imho the most durable out there. I have had mine for quite some time and it has spent a lot of that being shot by different shooters for lengths of time. It has not failed me yet. I am not saying it is indestructible, but mine has proven trustworthy. Mount it right and don’t beat the shit out of it.

I agree it is awhile out until they drop the updated model. But I like the direction they are going. I am not a gamer and will never carry a rds equipped pistol owb all the time. So having the option of a larger windowed rds and a smaller one is sweet. I’ll be able to concealed carry both of them. Yet have such similar features.

User Tag List