Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jump-qualified SWAT team? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I was on SWAT for fifteen years. We got pretty good at skid riding on our MD 500s. Our justification was moving small team elements from one side of the city to the other or deploying onto the roofs of tall buildings. No one ever mentioned parachuting. I don’t see the need for it.
    Ever deploy the dog from an MD500? Attack, or to search the inside of a building from the top down?

Brings a new meaning to the phrase "fur missile".
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Ever deploy the dog from an MD500? Attack, or to search the inside of a building from the top down?

Brings a new meaning to the phrase "fur missile".
    We’ve trained our dogs to ride in the helicopter. I’ve seen videos of dogs deployed from helicopters but we’ve never done that.

It was either to get a team up top to search down or deploy snipers.
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.* Thucydides 471BC

"Hey! Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

I recall have seen mention several times that, at one point, the Alaska State Troopers considered making their SRT airborne capable. Probably the only state in the union that could make a good argument for it.

If the Netflix documentary "Murder Mountain" is at all accurate, I could maybe see some use for airborne SWAT in the Emerald Triangle. But I don't think those small departments could afford it...

I thought this was a joke. What a fucking waste of taxpayer money LARPIng.

User Tag List