Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jump-qualified SWAT team? Why?

Jump-qualified SWAT team? Why?

http://www.recoilweb.com/airborne-wi...am-148068.html

I do not understand why anyone would think this is a good use of time or resources.

(And what’s up with the day of run-of-the-mill shooting instruction in the middle of the course? Jumping alone wasn’t sexy enough so they had to spice it up with something else?)
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 04-15-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    http://www.recoilweb.com/airborne-wi...1e1al0hrXo9g6g

I do not understand why anyone would think this is a good use of time or resources.

(And what’s up with the day of run-of-the-mill shooting instruction in the middle of the course? Jumping alone wasn’t sexy enough so they had to spice it up with something else?)
    Why not

Well according to the article in case you need to airdrop assets into a starving city.

The author describes the leader of the airborne school as HMFIC? Tells me all I need to know.

Site Supporter
    Looks like a fine way to sustain even more injuries. There seems to be a degree of affectation, but I'm having trouble explaining my impression.
    Let's ask Stephanie and Rapid B for their opinions. As attorneys, I feel certain they got one.

They're not the first LE tactical team in the US to have jump capabilities, but the need for such capability is exceedingly rare.

For a county sheriff's team, it's fucking stupid, asking to get guys unnecessarily injured, and fiscally irresponsible.

If you need to get somewhere and can't set down a bird, drive there, or boat there......then learn how to fast rope and save a ton of money, lower risk, and have a skill that's much more applicable for various situations.

The citizens in that county should raise hell.

Side note: I wouldn't call training with Jared Reston "run of the mill".
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I’m glad I don’t live in that AO. I’d be trying to figure out a way to unelected people ASAFP.

Site Supporter
    The only legit reason I can think of is stress inoculation.

Banned
    I want to know what agency feels the need to have an Airborne qualified SWAT team. I could understand Air Assault but why Airborne unless you're planning to drop in on Clive Bundy and crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I want to know what agency feels the need to have an Airborne qualified SWAT team. I could understand Air Assault but why Airborne unless you're planning to drop in on Clive Bundy and crew.
    HRT has HALO qualified agents for what should be obvious reasons given their mission.

I could see BORTAC possessing the capability as well, specifically for time sensitive counter-terrorism work similar to HRT along the border, though I'm going to danger they don't.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    HRT has HALO qualified agents for what should be obvious reasons given their mission.

I could see BORTAC possessing the capability as well, specifically for time sensitive counter-terrorism work similar to HRT along the border, though I'm going to danger they don't.

Pardon me for not being clearer. I was thinking more along the lines of the El Paso County Sheriff's department

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm going to danger they don't.
    Autocorrect?

User Tag List