Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RUGER PC CARBINES

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Paul is certainly entertaining and often brings an unique perspective, but I often take issue with his methodology. This is one of those times. Having owned a Marlin Camp 9, it is my opinion that the Ruger outclasses it in every way.
    No doubt the Marlin was less than perfect. But I do agree with Paul about the weight and the sights on the Ruger.

My opinion is highly jaded anyway as I'm not a fan of the PCC concept to begin with.

Owning a Camp 9 and loving it, I'd take a Ruger PC in original or new recipe any day of the week for a fighting PCC. The Marlins can be ammo sensitive, have a fragile and reactive polymer magwell/fire control group housing, and can go down hilariously hard when the recoil buffer finally chips or outright shatters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    ...This would likely not be well received (sales), but I would love to see one for sure. Everyone claiming that .40 is dead, apparently Ruger does not agree. That is saying something coming from the largest manufacturer in the world of firearms. Now the .357 SIG, well to me that is much closer to being dead (basically a wildcat) at this point.
    I keep hoping that Ruger will drop magwells to take Beretta 92/96 mags, HK USP 9/40 mags, or HK USP compact 9/40 mags and eventually then pick up a forty caliber example. But if they offered a 357 Sig barrel, I'd sell other stuff to get one ASAP and stuff it with my Glock 23 mags.

Pipe Dream: Follow the inevitable 45 ACP model with a 40 Super barrel and I probably couldn't handle my excitement.
    Last edited by Hi-Point Aficionado; 11-21-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Site Supporter
    This looks pretty cool. A PC carbine made to look like a PPSH.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ruger-pcsh-41/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I wonder if they have any idea why all their inventory of the stocks sold in a day?

https://mg34.com/product/ppsh-41-wood-stock/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Wonder if you could get the same result just chopping up an SKS stock. Should be a little easier to find.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

You know, I could dang near have a PC charger and PC carbine together that take the Glock mags i already have, for the cost I've got into my braced Scorpion with special mags and a few upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This looks pretty cool. A PC carbine made to look like a PPSH.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ruger-pcsh-41/

I was really prepared to think this was stupid but I kind of dig it
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Have the 9 mm, still waiting for the 45 ACP!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Have the 9 mm, still waiting for the 45 ACP!
    The gun is already heavier than it should be. Ruger would have to use an even heavier bolt in a 45. Who would welcome that?

They need to take the gun back to the drawing board. Add a tappet gas system off the M1 Carbine or otherwise use some kind of locked breech.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The gun is already heavier than it should be. Ruger would have to use an even heavier bolt in a 45. Who would welcome that?
    They need to take the gun back to the drawing board. Add a tappet gas system off the M1 Carbine or otherwise use some kind of locked breech.
    Well I, for one, would welcome it. Why would you even ask that except to prop up your own derision?

Ruger has been in business for a little while, I am reasonably sure they have a clue as to what they are doing most of the time. I guess when you become a design engineer hired by Ruger, you can suggest all those improvements you believe in. In the meantime, their carbine is a good deal more robust than the Marlin (and I REALLY like their Camp series) and offers more options to play around with. I will agree that the weight could be an issue, if you are using it as a camp carbine, but my opinion is that it was not designed with that in mind. I, for one, go camping (glamping) with "other than pistol caliber" firearms.

Suit yourself, as I do - ain't life grand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Well I, for one, would welcome it. Why would you even ask that except to prop up your own derision? I guess when you become a design engineer hired by Ruger, you can suggest all those improvements you believe in.
    You're right. I am not an engineer nor do I work for Ruger. I do, however, own a decent number of shares of Ruger stock. It is my belief that this gives me a bit of an entitled opinion. Ruger's success is my success.

I'm glad you like your PCC and thank you for buying Ruger.

Anyway, some type of locked breech system would allow Ruger to not only chamber a handy little rifle in something like 45 Auto but also 44 Mag, 357 Mag, 30 Carbine, 10mm...

User Tag List