Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RUGER PC CARBINES

Site Supporter
    Got a question. Since I will be visiting ban states with the gun, I'd have to use 10 round mags in some. There are various flavors of 10 round Glock mags (I put in the Glock mag well).

Short ten round G26 mags with are double stack, 10 round G19 mags, 10 round G17 mags. The latter two are single stack.

Any feedback on which work the best?

Site Supporter
    10 round G26 mags have a good reliability record whereas some have reported that 10 rd 19 and 17 mags have had reliability issues.

I have read that Ruger mags function better than do Glock mags and regret that I can not provide a source. However, I would be more worried that the states might require that the rifle be cased and unloaded and that this rule might vary. Mode of transport becomes an issue.

Site Supporter
    I have lots of Glock mags, and a friend is giving me some G19 10 rounders he bought during AWB ban days. I know about transport rules but was thinking about shooting some pistol caliber carbine matches in those states. I bought a slew of G19 10 rounders real cheap also after the ban expired and they were dumped. I used them for my second or third mag in matches where I use the G19 in that division.

Chronographed (Magnetospeed) velocity of a couple cartridges with my Ruger PC Carbine this weekend:

124gr +P Speer Gold Dot: 1395 fps

147gr Federal HST: 1022 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Got a question. Since I will be visiting ban states with the gun, I'd have to use 10 round mags in some. There are various flavors of 10 round Glock mags (I put in the Glock mag well).

Short ten round G26 mags with are double stack, 10 round G19 mags, 10 round G17 mags. The latter two are single stack.

Any feedback on which work the best?
    I don’t know how well they work with the Ruger but the Magpul mags worked much better for me than either Glock 19 or 17 10-rounders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    You know how there are side saddles for shotguns. In ban states, you can't use the higher capacity mags. So to have more ammo on board, I was thinking of a similar gadget. I tried the Lone Wolf gadget to attach two Glock mags together. My friend has one. However, the one I got was defective. the rod to screw them together went in to threads partially and wouldn't budge. I sent it back and asked for a new one that worked. Instead I got my money back - I guess that was a hint about quality control. They get them sealed from somewhere and can't test them before sending.

So I was thinking of a sleeve that fit on the stock for the gun. I've got a slew of 10 rounders to test. G26, 10 round G19s and 10 round G17s. Will see how they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    You know how there are side saddles for shotguns. In ban states, you can't use the higher capacity mags. So to have more ammo on board, I was thinking of a similar gadget. I tried the Lone Wolf gadget to attach two Glock mags together. My friend has one. However, the one I got was defective. the rod to screw them together went in to threads partially and wouldn't budge. I sent it back and asked for a new one that worked. Instead I got my money back - I guess that was a hint about quality control. They get them sealed from somewhere and can't test them before sending.

So I was thinking of a sleeve that fit on the stock for the gun. I've got a slew of 10 rounders to test. G26, 10 round G19s and 10 round G17s. Will see how they go.
    IIRC, Uncle Mike's or someone like them made stock mounted mag pouches for the original Ruger pistol caliber carbines, a'la GI M1 carbine pouches.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Yeah, This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Or there needs to be a 1-stamp integrally suppressed version
    I was just researching that you can make M&P mags work by cutting another slot in them and I thought that I don't wanna cut up my M&P magazines. This would make me cut up a few of my M&P magazines. In a hot minute…

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    IIRC, Uncle Mike's or someone like them made stock mounted mag pouches for the original Ruger pistol caliber carbines, a'la GI M1 carbine pouches.
    Correct. Uncle Mike's made them. I bough at least a hundred in the early 2000s when my agency bought a bunch of PC 4s

Site Supporter
    Thanks, searching around - I can't find the Uncle Mike's anymore. There was a DeSantis pouch for another gun (the Beretta Storm) but that's not made anymore either. There's an AR one but it doesn't look like it would fit. Be better off going to a tailor.

Maybe with the popularity of the gun, some shop will take it up.

The ones I saw were horizontal in orientation. I was thinking that a two mag vertical pouch would be nice.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 05-01-2019 at 04:33 PM.

User Tag List