Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: NEW RUGER PC CARBINES

So, how are the Rugers doing in overall reliability? I know there’s other things that are the hotness, but I’m not willing to sink $1k or more into a PCC. The Ruger is right there where I’d be willing to spend on it and the Glock mag option is a big plus for me. I just wanna know how well they run.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Mine runs great and we shoot it all the time. I use factory Glock magazines and Magpul magazines with no issues. I did add a Mcarbo extractor and metal trigger just for the hell of it. I like the trigger a lot. My gun was extracting fine,but the Mcarbo part is just made better.

Ian rants a bit about Glock mags in carbines:

What are the hives thoughts on the best tweak to the gun for getting a little more functional reliability from cartridges with less energy?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Mine runs great and we shoot it all the time. I use factory Glock magazines and Magpul magazines with no issues.
    This.

Ed Head reviews the Charger:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...er-pc-charger/

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Are there any different rear sight options or are you stuck with the factory aperture? How are the sights attached to the barrel? The Midwest Industries handguard has Mlok along the top so maybe I could ditch the sights altogether and put on different ones.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 10-28-2020 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    So, how are the Rugers doing in overall reliability? I know there’s other things that are the hotness, but I’m not willing to sink $1k or more into a PCC. The Ruger is right there where I’d be willing to spend on it and the Glock mag option is a big plus for me. I just wanna know how well they run.
    They are reliable but the weak point is the ejector. It is possible to over-insert mags and bend the ejector causing FTE. The simple solution is calling Ruger for a replacement ejector and they should just ship you one for free if you explain the situation. The spare mag well you have should contain the same ejector so you technically always have a spare.

Otherwise, there's not a lot of issues. The trigger reset is longer than I would prefer but it's overall still superb- basically a BX trigger. They run great and I think it's the perfect long gun to teach a newbie on- simple, (previously) cheap ammo, has low recoil compared to other 9mm blowbacks- but more than a .22LR which I feel makes the new shooter respect the gun and safety rules more. It's especially accurate, modular, compact when disassembled, robust, and above all else it's pretty affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Mine runs great and we shoot it all the time. I use factory Glock magazines and Magpul magazines with no issues. I did add a Mcarbo extractor and metal trigger just for the hell of it. I like the trigger a lot. My gun was extracting fine,but the Mcarbo part is just made better.
    That's been my experience as well only I haven't done anything to my extractor. So far only had one issue when it was very very dirty because I don't like to clean my guns. So far works with both Glock and Magpul mags.

I was really hoping mine would run with the Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P but no +P runs in it, not the Speer, not the HST 147gr +P. I ordered a Mcarbo extractor and will try again.

Otherwise after a trip to Ruger to fix extraction it has been reliable... for about 500 rounds. Need to take it out more.

User Tag List