Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NEW RUGER PC CARBINES

Saw this yesterday...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ruger-pcsh-41/

While it might not be for everyone, I like it. Glock sticks and when the Magpul drum gets out... like a modernized PPSh-41.

Finally got a PC9 with a rear peep sight. When I was picking it up at the LGS they had a PCC too so I got that also.

Name:  Ruger carbines.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  73.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Finally got a PC9 with a rear peep sight. When I was picking it up at the LGS they had a PCC too so I got that also.

Name:  Ruger carbines.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  73.8 KB
    I always wanted a 1st gen PCC. I’m interested how it compares to the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I always wanted a 1st gen PCC. I’m interested how it compares to the new one.
    Today is your lucky day. Sadly there was too much wind to shoot any video.

Name:  Ruger carbines 2.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  102.5 KB

Finally got to take these two to the range and try them out. Both are blowback 9mm carbines so recoil with both is fairly stout. I feel like the PCC (top) was a little worse. Overall I like the PC9 (bottom) more because it looks better, and the rear sight is in a better location. But it only takes old P-series mags, the charging handle is only on the right side, and the bolt hold open isn't reliable. Plus the trigger is really bad. The PCC can take Glock mags the charging handle is swappable to either side, and it uses 10/22 trigger packs. Plus there's aftermarket upgrades for it. As handy as the takedown feature can be, I have told Ruger that I'd rather have a fixed barrel and the rear peep sight on the receiver, like the PC9 is set up. Aside from the slight difference in felt recoil and the rear peep being so far forward, making it effectively smaller, I didn't really notice any difference in shooting them. I ran 200 rounds through the pair and without trying I was mostly able to keep rounds on target doing mag dumps at 25 yards. The only jam with either happened with a no-name P95 mag in the PC9 that turned out wouldn't even lock into the gun. I held the mag in and it ran fine for the rest of the mag and then I tossed that mag in the range bag. The PCC worked perfectly with a factory G19 mag and a Magpul G26 GL9 and a 21 round GL9.

I have a Midwest Industries handguard and Aimpoint micro mount coming for the PCC which should be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I bet if Ruger doesn't someone will start cranking out adapters for it.
    I made an adapter for CZ-75 magazines, and it's not simple at all. At least the way I was able to make it, it requires laser-cut parts. Well, I made them with a drill, saw, and files. The quality was awful. The latch was the hardest part to resolve. Overall, I think a company with injection molding capability like Midwest Industries could make them. But the cost will be $150..$200. Ask yourself if you're willing to pay. As for the leader in AR 9 adapters, Stern, would find it challenging to make the bodies of adapters from aluminum, I think.
    Last edited by zaitcev; 02-13-2021 at 07:38 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    How are these holding up? Anyone running one with a suppressor?

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Mine has been slowed down by the ammo shortage, but still runs great. It is my families first choice for a rifle. I have had no significant problems with mine and it just keeps chugging away. It seems to be the 10/22 of the PCC crowd.

I think this is the most relevant place to ask this...

Any word or availability on the Magpul takedown stocks?

https://magpul.com/pc-backpacker-sto...c-carbine.html
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

I just received one in FDE yesterday from Magpul. I’ve been randomly checking the site and it was available last Saturday so I ordered. I’d recommend buying when you see it available, I missed out last month because I thought about it too long (less than 3 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Seems they are on Magpul's website in stock now, I forgot all about these until I happened on there today looking at other stuff.

Anybody running this Magpul stock yet with info to report?

User Tag List