Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: A Case Study in the Outsourcing of U.S. Border Control

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Attachment 37754

Taken by our Boat guys a few years back...
    What the hell is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What the hell is that?
    I'd be more concerned about the "where" part myself.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What the hell is that?
    Looks like two tigers fighting. The idea that they’re just wandering around in the US is kinda scary.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Looks like two tigers fighting. The idea that they’re just wandering around in the US is kinda scary.
    You gonna tell 'em where they can and cannot go?

Wait one...this just in...new information just released from the White House has disclosed that the "fake" tigers are actually cleverly disguised Mexicans attempting to scare off Border Patrol agents in an attempt to illegally cross over into the U.S.

ETA: Looks like a chain attached to the one on the right...
    Last edited by blues; 05-02-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM
    Not the first tigers found in the Rio Grande Valley, though the first I recall living in the wild:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4e0ae1965181
    And a decade ago, six tiger cubs were recovered from an attempted sale at a Walmart parking lot, also in Brownsville. They appeared to be southbound for Mexico, local media reported at the time.
    Dang. They aren’t kidding when they say the most dangerous place in America is a Walmart parking lot.

Let's see... tigers are endangered, and people crossing the border illegally are a problem...
    I think I see a way to solve both problems here.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

These two were from a private zoo on the S side...I guess kinda like Escobar’s Hippos? It was just up river from A.Park (very busy park on both sides of the river and a very active smuggling spot) in my old AOR. They looked to be chained up and were allowed to “play” in the Rio Grande...with seemingly no one around when our boats rolled by. The area just N of where they were spotted was a notorious area for Dope and human smuggling...one of the weirder things that happened while I was down there...but not the weirdest.

Site Supporter
    Migrant Facing Charges for Falsely Claiming to be Parent

https://www.krgv.com/news/migrant-fa...faaQ2vNuPdufR0

We need more prosecutions like this and we need to publicize this as much as possible.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-04-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/crisis-on-...gration-judges

Funding in works for 100 new immigration judges
    Funding pending approval of Congress in 2020 budget

SAN ANTONIO - An additional 100 immigration judges are in the works to help 424 judges already facing a staggering backlog of more than 892,000 cases, according to Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, a nonpartisan resource for federal enforcement, staffing and spending.
    Cuellar said the average wait time has been about two years. In many cases, it can take up to six years or longer, said Sara Ramey, an immigration attorney and executive director of the Migrant Center for Human Rights.

Ramey said 100 more judges would help significantly. However, she said, "I don't think it's going to completely remedy the issue."

She said at least 500 more judges more are needed, given the new arrivals at the border that number in the thousands.

Ramey said the government quota for judges to close out 700 cases a year only adds to the stress of hearing often tragic stories by those asking for asylum.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-30-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Cool.

I read BPAs are supposed to be getting some sort of adjudication authority for asylum claims. Can you explain what exactly is going on there, and whether it's still in the works or not?

Hopefully it would be a synergistic effect with the 100 new judges and make an actual dent.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List