Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Case Study in the Outsourcing of U.S. Border Control

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Governor Grisham is a commie turd but even s stopped clock is right twice a day. There is no federal citizens arrest and from what I have seen of the so called "border militias" it would not take long for such activities to go wrong.
    Not siding with the group, as I agree these things just increase the % fir stuff going sideways, but maybe they were detaining trespassers???

In general groups like this are the reason why we can’t have nice things. They will light up a group of poor misunderstood folks and blamo - gun ban.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Not siding with the group, as I agree these things just increase the % fir stuff going sideways, but maybe they were detaining trespassers???

In general groups like this are the reason why we can’t have nice things. They will light up a group of poor misunderstood folks and blamo - gun ban.
    Landowners /residents detaining trespassers is a state issue.

However bring in border milita groups to patrol for trespassing has gone wrong before.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...ortune-6387725

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The FBI has arrested the leader of this border militia for being a felon in possession of firearms.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...exico.amp.html

F.B.I. Arrests Leader of Right-Wing Militia That Detained Migrants in New Mexico

ALBUQUERQUE — The F.B.I. on Saturday arrested the leader of a right-wing militia that was detaining migrant families at gunpoint near the border in southern New Mexico, as the group faced a torrent of criticism for its tactics.

Hector Balderas, New Mexico’s attorney general, said federal agents had arrested the leader, Larry Mitchell Hopkins, who had been operating under the alias Johnny Horton Jr. Mr. Balderas said in a statement that Mr. Hopkins was arrested on charges of firearms possession by a fel
    he firearms charge against Mr. Hopkins is relatively minor. But it is likely the start of a deeper investigation into his activities and those of the militia, and opens the way for the authorities to bring more serious charges like kidnapping and impersonating a police officer or an employee of the United States.

Mr. Hopkins’s arrest comes as tensions rise over ultraconservative paramilitary groups operating along the southwestern border. Professed militias have a long history of targeting immigrants from Latin America, tracing back to the Ku Klux Klan’s creation of its own border patrol in the 1970s. Record numbers of Central American migrants apprehended by federal authorities in recent months have been accompanied by a new surge in militia activity on the border.

The organization led by Mr. Hopkins, the United Constitutional Patriots, recently uploaded videos of armed members detaining children and their parents in a stretch of the New Mexico desert near El Paso, before handing the migrants over to the Border Patrol.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-20-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    The KKK has their own border militia back in the 1970s:

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/10/18/a...gal-alien.html

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Exactly, HCM.

There is a simple solution (example: wall) to every complex problem.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work.
    silly rabbit, Americans have no patience for nuance.

if your immigration strategy won't fit on a bumper sticker then I don't want to hear it.

#MAGA
    Last edited by perlslacker; 04-20-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Yup! This is why we, in the shooting community, need to get better about disowning scumbag gun owners who do scumbag things.

We're judged by the worst of us.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    silly rabbit, Americans have no patience for nuance.

if your immigration strategy won't fit on a bumper sticker then I don't want to hear it.

#MAGA
    If only we had a leader who was interested in real solutions and leading the whole country vs. engaging in partisan politics, divisiveness and ADD domination of the 24 hour news cycle.

Never mind, I was dreaming and just woke up.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    If only we had a leader who was interested in real solutions and leading the whole country vs. engaging in partisan politics, divisiveness and ADD domination of the 24 hour news cycle.
    Democratic Party: "Hold my beer..."
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Democratic Party: "Hold my beer..."
    Probably more like hold my vegan smoothie...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

For those concerned about an exclusionary zone at the border and imminent domain issues there is already a 60 foot strip of land on the U.S. side of the international border from CA. to the E side of NM. controlled by the Federal Government, since 1907 called the Roosevelt Reservation.

From Wikipedia:

The Roosevelt Reservation is a 60-foot (18 m) strip of land on the United States side of the United States–Mexico Border under the jurisdiction of the United States Federal Government. It was established in a 1907 Presidential Proclamation (35 Stat. 2136) by Theodore Roosevelt in order to keep public lands in California, Arizona, and New Mexico "free from obstruction as a protection against the smuggling of goods between the United States and Mexico".Texas is not mentioned, due to the details of the Texas annexation, where Texas retained all public lands upon annexation and admittance as a state.

And really any barrier built along the U.S. / Mexico border is basically just an extension and improvement on the original (and first) physical barrier built between our two nations in Nogales, AZ by President Peña (Mexico’s president) in 1918 anyway...
    Last edited by TCB; 04-22-2019 at 10:18 PM.

User Tag List