Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Case Study in the Outsourcing of U.S. Border Control

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Trump is absolutely the best incentive for anyone in the northern triangle to try to make it to the US before they erect more barriers and shut off immigration to those seeking asylum. More than likely why the numbers are way up in the last month. If he could just shut his mouth (which he can't) and work with congress the situation might improve but as it stands now nothing is moving except thousands of people trying to get in under the wire.

I guess he thinks they don't have news service and twitter in those SH countries.

Trump, the greatest illegal immigration promoter of the decade.

His real estate promotion experience has served him well.
    Unintended consequences are a bitch.

Name:  The best gun salesman weve ever had.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  52.4 KB
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Unintended consequences are a bitch.

Name:  The best gun salesman weve ever had.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  52.4 KB
    I suspect Trump is trying to promote a crises much like the N. Korean leader Kim. Kim insists there is hostility toward his country to promote his Nuclear weapons program whilst his people struggle to feed themselves. It's more or less a manufactured crises. No such hostility exists and S. Korea is proof. Maybe that's why Trump likes Kim so much, they think alike.

Seems to be working judging from the reaction some people have to an invasion of women and children.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-13-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I suspect Trump is trying to promote a crises much like the N. Korean leader Kim. Kim insists there is hostility toward his country to promote his Nuclear weapons program whilst his people struggle to feed themselves. It's more or less a manufactured crises. No such hostility exists and S. Korea is proof. Maybe that's why Trump likes Kim so much, they think alike.

Seems to be working judging from the reaction some people have to an invasion of women and children.
    This is no more than the classic plays of the populist demogogue.

Demonization of a subset of a population, exploiting prejudice and ignorance
    Whipping up passions, and ignoring or shouting down reasoned deliberation
    A manufactured crisis (that, though unintended consequence, appears to be escalating into an actual crisis.)
    Specious claims of a simple solution that, upon analysis, doesn’t hold water.
    Claims that ‘powerful others’ are somehow holding the demogogue back from implementing the solution

This has nothing to do with facts or logic and everything to do with constructing claims that sound good or bad, regardless of the facts. The demagogue has a willingness to lie and change positions moment-to-moment to capitalize on the ‘feeilings’ of the audience being appealed to.

What the demagogue and demagogue’s noisy supporters cannot deal with is a cool, rational analysis of the problems, proposed solution(s), costs, timelines, benefits, and predictable as well as potential unintended consequences. Any such attempts are deliberately met with a ‘pigeon chess’ response because rational discourse is not possible.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    New Mexico militia detains migrants at gunpoint until Border Patrol arrives

“It should go without saying that regular citizens have no authority to arrest or detain anyone,” the governor of New Mexico, Michelle Lujan Grisham, said in a statement to The New York Times, adding that it is “completely unacceptable” that migrants be “menaced or threatened” upon entering the U.S.

The American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement that “the Trump administration’s vile racism” emboldened these groups.
    Of course the ACLU would say that.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Can’t say I’m surprised, but that can and probably will get messy very quickly. It’ll be interesting to watch how stuff like that unfolds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if the wall is built a mile inside the border and that mile is declared an exclusion zone where deadly force authorization exists 24/7/365?

I bet that will slow it down to a trickle.

Border control should be a military problem except at the designated ports of entry, where civilian law enforcement can deal with the control.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    What if the wall is built a mile inside the border
    I'm purposely ignoring the rest of your scenario, but eminent domain will be a big problem for Trump's wall as it is, so if you think a 1-mile wide exclusion zone is anywhere in the realm of possibility, LOL.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Governor Grisham is a commie turd but even s stopped clock is right twice a day. There is no federal citizens arrest and from what I have seen of the so called "border militias" it would not take long for such activities to go wrong.

Site Supporter
    Of interest:

https://www.kveo.com/news/local-news...ses/1936727806

Border Patrol identifies over 3,000 fraudulent family cases

https://valleycentral.com/news/local...ly-entering-us

HSI investigates fake family units illegally entering U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I'm purposely ignoring the rest of your scenario, but eminent domain will be a big problem for Trump's wall as it is, so if you think a 1-mile wide exclusion zone is anywhere in the realm of possibility, LOL.
    Make it 300 yards, the exact number isn't that important. As to the rest of the scenario, either you are serious about national security or you're not.

User Tag List