Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here still running Gen.4 Glock 19’s?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Cutting off the right side lever and leaving the original part s another option.
    In my case, it is only the left side of the release that causes interference (right handed shooter)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Yeah, I have a pair that serve as my CCW pistol and backup. I don't have plans to upgrade any time soon. They run and shoot well in my hands. I have maybe 3.5-4k rounds through each gun.

Also have a Gen 3 19 made in 08? that has just south of 10k rounds through it. No problems.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-19-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah, I have a pair that serve as my CCW pistol and backup. I don't have plans to upgrade any time soon. They run and shoot well in my hands. I have maybe 3.5-4k rounds through each gun.

Also have a Gen 3 19 made in 08? that has just south of 10k rounds through it. No problems.
    I've learned not to rush into things for the second time recently..Have a built in system to stick to OEM and wait a year to see how stuff shakes out..

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    A more relevant/useful question might be, "Is anyone here still running the first generation Glock 19?"
    :-)
    I still run a Gen "1.5" (BP prefix)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I'll order the NY2 slim spring soon and report back.
    Ever try the NY2?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Ever try the NY2?
    No, unfortunately when I went to order it, I was sent a notification that it was backordered so I cancelled the order. Might try again later.

I have three Gen 3s (a G17, G19, and G21), and one Gen4 (a G22). All are fully vetted and flawless in operation, and quite accurate. While I'd like a Gen5, (the logical one for me would probably be a G45/19X), I have absolutely no intention or rationale for divesting myself of any of my current ones.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I have three Gen 3s (a G17, G19, and G21), and one Gen4 (a G22). All are fully vetted and flawless in operation, and quite accurate. While I'd like a Gen5, (the logical one for me would probably be a G45/19X), I have absolutely no intention or rationale for divesting myself of any of my current ones.

Best, Jon
    I just divested of the Glock 20, but my Gen 3 Glock 19 would be the last firearm, and one of the last tangible objects that I would get rid of.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I've always been a Gen 3 guy but found a really great deal on a Gen 4 G19 MOS and Trijicon RMR. The round count isn't high since I just got it but in the first week it has 800 dry fires and 700 rounds without an issue. Ejection is perfect as well. I held the Gen 5 and it felt like absolute trash to me. Too many years with finger grooves to appreciate a Glock without them.

Still carrying a Gen 4 and have been since they were released. At about 10K rounds with no maint. other than a recoil spring,a $.50 tirgger job and no functioning problems, I have no real reason going to a Gen 5.. I used to hate the finger grooves on the 4 but have learned to tolerate them.

If I'm going to switch it'll likely be to a S.S. MR918.

User Tag List