Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here still running Gen.4 Glock 19’s?

I'm still running Generation 3 Glock 19s. I guess I could go trade them in, but I'd be getting rid of perfectly working guns so I could spend money, time and mental effort to vet brand new pistols that essentially do the same thing as the old ones.

If all my stuff burned up in a fire, I'd probably replace them with Gen 5s, so can I still be a member here?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm still running Generation 3 Glock 19s. I guess I could go trade them in, but I'd be getting rid of perfectly working guns so I could spend money, time and mental effort to vet brand new pistols that essentially do the same thing as the old ones.

If all my stuff burned up in a fire, I'd probably replace them with Gen 5s, so can I still be a member here?
    I'm with you.

I'm running a Gen2 (since 1988), now on a Gen3 frame replacement from Glock done a year or two back. All innards updated and replaced by the mother ship.

I know that the new guns are "better", but this gun got me through my working years and hasn't failed to perform. (Same goes for my Gen 2.5 G26 which was also carried on and off the job since 1996. Also updated by Glock in the last several months.)

I guess it's part sentimentality, part frugality, and part not wanting to fill a safe with new guns needing vetting.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Gen 5

I have mostly Gen4 Glocks. The 43 is the only 5th gen I have. I’m happy with them, but might pick up a spare 19 G5 sometime.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Have 2 gen 3s. One is a Vickers rtf2.

I've decided that I'm not yet skilled enough to notice the increased accuracy. When I shoot my gen 3s off have against my HKs I do not see a measurable difference.

I like my gen 3 triggers. I fingerbanged a g45 and did not like it. I hope to try a 19x one day.

I do have 2 gen 4 g26 though but have been carrying and practicing with the g19s more lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I am, but it’s heavily modified. Had I not messed with it, I would have replaced it with a 5 by now because removing the finger grooves made a noticeable difference for me.

Same here. Tactical Texture grip, ATEI slide, couple of other things, and that Gen4 ain't going anywhere.
    Starting from a scratch, woulda been a Gen5.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Gen 5

Did you have any issues with the Gen. 4’s? If I remember correctly you used to have a lot of them?

I haven't bought any gen 5's yet. All 3's and 4's.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

IMO.

All of the Glocks work the same and serve the same purpose. I got into this during the Gen 4 era, therefore (most) all of mine are 4's. The only reason I would change is if I decide the magwell is worth going a Gen 5 34 as I'm a production USPSA guy.

My brother in law is similar, but started during the Gen 3 years. His stable is all Gen 3. I would think that someone new would probably buy the newest gen whatever, but they all work and 99.9% of shooters will not wear one out in their lifetime.

I still carry my Gen 4 Glock everyday. I got it in 2015 and it has just over 4000 rounds. I have not had any trouble with it at all. I did have front cocking serrations added, it is stippled and the finger groves have been removed. I like both the Glock 45 and 43X better but my twins are currently using both of my 45s for IDPA and my wife carries the 43X so I stick with the gen 4 19. At some point I will add another Glock 45 to replace the old 19. In my opinion the 45 is perfect for my needs all though the 43X has been great when I have gotten a chance to shoot it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

User Tag List