Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here still running Gen.4 Glock 19’s?

Gen 3

I still have a gen 4. I almost dumbed them for gen 5s during release but a friend got a g19 gen 5 before me. He had the same issues of BTF that gen 4s did plus that stupid front cut out made me think other wise. It’s cool to see the new breech cut has seemed to fix the extraction issue and I will eventually buy an “updated” gen 5 as my edc, probably a gen 5 g19 mos

My 19.4 has around 12,000 on it no problem. No erratic or btf ejection.
    I removed the finger grooves and installed Ameriglos.
    It is my practice gun now. I carry a 19.5.
    Like someone somewhere said. "Any G19 is fine."

I have a gen 3 and a gen 4. I think I'm going to get a gen 5. I have no plans to get rid of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman9mm View Post
    Anyone still running a Gen.4 and hitting high round counts without issue? I don’t get to shoot anywhere near as much as I’d like and only have 4300 rounds through my 2013 made G19.4. Still waiting for BTF and no malfunctions with factory mags. It is my carry gun.
    19s at 20k or more run without issue, most are somewhere in the 3k-10k range.
    As with other generations, models, and manufacturers, "BTF" is conditional and depends on combination of shooter, ammo, task.
    Last edited by ST911; 04-12-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman9mm View Post
    Haven’t been on here much the past year. Seems like many threads of “traded all my gen. 4’s for Gen.5.

Anyone still running a Gen.4 and hitting high round counts without issue? I don’t get to shoot anywhere near as much as I’d like and only have 4300 rounds through my 2013 made G19.4. Still waiting for BTF and no malfunctions with factory mags. It is my carry gun.

Also have a 2009 made Gen.3 19 with 4700 rounds— no issues either. Lots of reports of bad 3’s from that time as well.

I'm down to one G19 and it's a RTF2 Gen 3 with 7300 rds on the clock. It's just perfect and made more so with the KKM barrel usually in it. I shot my son's Gen 5 G19 recently. It's a sweet shooter. Nice trigger. Magwell cut out doesn't bother he or I. But I don't have much reason for more 19s with a G45 and 19X which I prefer and all the subcompact models.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-12-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

No BTFs with the two of mine, bought new in 2013 and 2014. I also have a Gen4 G19 MOS, but have put too few rounds through it to know anything. I mostly stopped “running” them hard after 2017, due to hand health reasons. (I now prefer shooting handguns with longer grip frames, such as G17 and G19x, relegating my G19 pistols to reserve status. Compact Glocks did not cause the problems. I fired much more-powerful handguns/cartridges, in the past, and that started catching up with me.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

My Gen 4 just passed 9400 rounds and clocked me right dead in the center of the forehead without so much as a fare thee well.

Is this the Beginning?

Site Supporter
    I sold all my pre-Gen5 19s around the time I got my 19.5. My gray 19.4 was the best of the three, and some days I miss it. Most on the proceeds from the sales were diverted to non-Glock purchases, so I only have that one 19.5 now. I prefer it to any of the older pistols though and will buy another one this year (or maybe a 45 or 47).

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I've gone to the Gen5 G19, and have sold or traded all of my earlier generation guns (Gen2, 2.5, 3, and 4).

That said, if I couldn't have the Gen5 gun, then any of the earlier ones would be fine.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List