Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Anyone here still running Gen.4 Glock 19’s?

I think I commented on this somewhere else at PF, but... The mag well of the gen5 G19 creates a swell at the base of the grip that intersects with the base of my hand, giving the gen5 a "bigger" feel than the gen4. Then, add the height of the of the hump on the backstrap vs its height on a full size (17/34/45) receiver.

For those reasons, if I was going to be a dedicated 19 carrier again I believe I would cut a 19X or a G45 vs the gen5 G19.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Well I'm running gen4 G19 now daily.

Just got it, I waited 10 years for them to work out the bugs. Ha.

Running gen 2s and 3s for years, still do.

Gen4: no problems at all, 100% reliable. I like the short frame (no backstrap), the grip texture, larger mag release.

I can use a NY1 trigger spring w/ "-" connector if I choose, as I've run in my others for years.

Although it's not the same, can't get it to feel like the others. From what I understand, the slimmer trigger housing in gen 4s changes the connector angle, hence the reason for the dot connector. This situation, I guess, adds about half a pound to whatever config you use.

Currently running it with a non-marked connector, stock spring. Not sure if I'm keeping it that way. Time will tell.

Overall I do love the thing, and do shoot it very well, for me.

No desire for gen5...less trigger mod options, do not want ambi slide release. Nothing terribly appealing in them.

All of my Glock are Gen3 and Gen4 and I like the finger grooves. Don't see changing to Gen5 as my Glocks work just fine.

User Tag List