Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here still running Gen.4 Glock 19’s?

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman9mm View Post
    Did you have any issues with the Gen. 4’s? If I remember correctly you used to have a lot of them?
    No, I just liked the new Gen 5 pistols. G42/G43/G48/G26/G19/G19X/G17/G34/G45.
    I purchase a Gen 4 G17 as soon as they came out and ran more than 52,000 rounds through it with zero issues.
    I friend had to have it and I replaced it with a Gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom.45 View Post
    IMO.

All of the Glocks work the same and serve the same purpose. I got into this during the Gen 4 era, therefore (most) all of mine are 4's. The only reason I would change is if I decide the magwell is worth going a Gen 5 34 as I'm a production USPSA guy.

My brother in law is similar, but started during the Gen 3 years. His stable is all Gen 3. I would think that someone new would probably buy the newest gen whatever, but they all work and 99.9% of shooters will not wear one out in their lifetime.
    The Gen 5 Glocks with the new breech face cut throw the brass twice as far as all previous Glocks and have much better triggers. Not new, I have been shooting more than 60 years.

I’ve got a Gen 4 19 that I put an RMR on, and a Gen 5 with the bold sights. I swear I shoot the 19.5 better.

Also have a variety of Gen 3 and 4 in the safe. I prefer the ergonomics of the 4s and 5s but see no reason to dispose of perfectly functional pistols.

I have a Grey Gen4 19 I had been carrying for a while... but recently went back to shooting/carrying my old Gen3 19. Nothing wrong with any of mine. I do find the Gen4/5 grip texture to be a lot better than the old Gen3. Even after I did some light stippling to the frame, the Gen4 moves around less in the hand. The flip side of this is that the slide finish on the Gen4 is far more fragile than the Gen3 "frying pan" finish. The Gen4/5 mag release is superior, IMHO. Both guns are set up the same, with OEM minus connectors, a light clean up/polish of a couple internal parts, Gadgets, and Trijicon HD's. Both are plenty accurate with 147gr Ranger T, and my 147gr/WSF practice load.

I'll never ditch the Gen3, as it was my first Glock, and I've put thousands of rounds through it, and its been 99.9% reliable for me. I once shot a Wyoming prairie dog at 30 long paces, using RA9T. So Gen 3's have been accurate for me.

The Gen4 isn't as vetted, but more than enough to carry. Several hundred RA9T and a few thousand practice rounds. I've been considering putting it on the chopping block to pay off some small debts, and then picking up a Gen5 MOS to replace it in a few months.

I don't see a good reason to ditch old guns, if they work well enough to keep for defense use, but I do think the new guns are probably improved in a lot of ways.

Yes, my first Gen 4 Glock 19 is probably the best shooter I have. I carry it most of the time now as I switched back to carrying appendix. It loves 124gr +p Gold Dots and has between 7500-8000 rounds through it. I replaced a few springs and the slide stop, everything else is perfect. I also found that I prefer the finger grooves, dislike the Gen 5 slide finish, and I hate the ambi slide stop (and I’m a southpaw).

Does anyone know if Gen4 guns are going to get the breechface cut that the Gen5 guns are getting now? The new job doesn’t authorize Gen5 so I’ll be going back to a Gen4 for carry. I want to make sure it’s got all the improvements available for the model.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Vending Machine Operator
    I vastly prefer the Gen 4 19 to the Gen 5. As a guy with larger hands that little magazine cutout on the Gen 5 cuts into my pinky badly.

I sold my G4 19 as part of a large sell-off to pay off my student loan, and ended up getting an M2.0 Compact, but if I got another 19 it'd be a G4.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

If I was going to get a gen5 G19, it’d be an MOS just to not have that stupid front strap cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The Gen 5 Glocks with the new breech face cut throw the brass twice as far as all previous Glocks and have much better triggers. Not new, I have been shooting more than 60 years.
    Does anyone have a serial number range for Glocks with the new breach face? Or a picture of what it looks like?

I might be picking up a Gen 5 MOS G19 this week, and would like to know what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Does anyone have a serial number range for Glocks with the new breach face? Or a picture of what it looks like?

I might be picking up a Gen 5 MOS G19 this week, and would like to know what to look for.
    The earliest one I have is BHNK and it should be on all the newer pistols such as the G48. There are pictures online of one tiny cut near the bottom of the breech face on the left side.

User Tag List