Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here still running Gen.4 Glock 19’s?

There’s a Gen 1 at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody WY:

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There were Gen 1 Glock 19s but only a few (50?) were imported to the U.S. they are rare, expensive collectors pieces. Many people incorrectly refer to the 19 gen 2's as "first Gen 19's" since they were the first to be widely available.

I still have two 19.2s, one of which I bought new in 1992, largely because the finger grooves of the 19.3 and 19.4 do not fit me at all. Both are semi retired along with the 17.1 I traded into in 1989.

Gen 5 / M uber alles !
    I didn't like the finger grooves on the 19.4 (which is weird because it doesn't bother me much on the 17/22), so now I have a 19.2 and a 19.5. Neither is ideal for me. 19.2 can't attach a light and 19.5 can't use NY1. They also have that sharp cutout in the front strap. I'm debating getting a 19.4 again and getting a local smith to remove the finger grooves if I can't get used to them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I didn't like the finger grooves on the 19.4 (which is weird because it doesn't bother me much on the 17/22), so now I have a 19.2 and a 19.5. Neither is ideal for me. 19.2 can't attach a light and 19.5 can't use NY1. They also have that sharp cutout in the front strap. I'm debating getting a 19.4 again and getting a local smith to remove the finger grooves if I can't get used to them.
    It’s not weird. The finger groove spacing on the 19 and 17 are not the same. To fit the same number of finger grooves on the shorter grip the reduced spacing, particularly the first groove under the trigger guard.

The cut out was universal on Gen 1,2, and early Gen 3s but it never bothered me.

It’s not weird. The finger groove spacing on the 19 and 17 are not the same. To fit the same number of finger grooves on the shorter grip the reduced spacing, particularly the first groove under the trigger guard.

The cut out was universal on Gen 1,2, and early Gen 3s but it never bothered me.
    This^. I can’t use an unmodified Gen 3 or 4 G19 due to the spacing. The spacing on a G26 is about the same as a G17 so I’ve always preferred a G26 over a 3rd or 4th Gen 19. My 2nd Gen 19 is one of the last pistols I’d ever sell and see a lot of carry.

Regardless of Gen, it’s hard to beat a 17/26 combo for meeting just about every black plastic people popper need.

I need to pick up a Gen 5 19, because reasons.

I am presently poor.

So yeah.

I still run Gen3 and 4s.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I didn't know that the finger groove spacing was different between the Gen 4 19 and 17. I just knew that it felt weird, but I thought maybe the different height of the hump in the back made the front strap grooves feel weird. Good to know I wasn't just imagining things. I might give the 19.4 another chance now that I know a local gunsmith who does a good job removing the finger grooves and texturing the grip.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I didn't know that the finger groove spacing was different between the Gen 4 19 and 17. I just knew that it felt weird, but I thought maybe the different height of the hump in the back made the front strap grooves feel weird. Good to know I wasn't just imagining things. I might give the 19.4 another chance now that I know a local gunsmith who does a good job removing the finger grooves and texturing the grip.
    The hump on the 19 grip is different as well, it’s higher up on the grip than the 17.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Glock 19s are like Toyota Camrys. Yeah, they come out with a new model every now and again, but would you trade in a Toyota Camry with only 60,000 miles on it for a new model? My most worn Glock 19 has 12,000 rounds through it, so it's just now broken in.
    Yeah. Add in that money spent chasing the new hotness could be put to better use getting my ass to use what I have better.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Kinda puzzled by OP's question as to whether anybody runs the just-recently-surpassed generation of Glock 19.

A more relevant/useful question might be, "Is anyone here still running the first generation Glock 19?"
    :-)

Asked the question for several reasons. The Gen 4’s had the most documented issues even recently. So was wondering how they were doing for people into higher round counts. I know the older pre 2009 glocks were great for the most part.

User Tag List