Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yuma

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It doesn’t have to be pleasant. Just not too frozen. There’s plenty of sketch here in Portland, unfortunately.
    True that. Drug addicts, panhandlers, homeless, mentally ill, and various other villains are the order of the day here in sunny FL.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Last summer I spent 13 weeks in Yuma working at the hospital on a temporary assignment. I did a fair bit of eating out there (but I never noticed a Texas Roadhouse!), but fortunately didn't have the experience GJM had. I was always carrying outside the hospital as there is definitely sketchiness around there, but all in all I was shocked that it was nowhere near as bad as I expected. Then again, that may have been because I was there in the summer. According to the hospital HR, the population literally doubles in snowbird season. So it would make sense for there to be more opportunities for criminals, especially with so much of the temporary population being rather defenseless.

And in regards to the "hiker" with the injured ankle.... that sort of thing is extremely common down there. A lot of the fence jumpers land on soft sand on our side and sprain/break ankles and legs. We were CONSTANTLY doing surgery on them, fixing them for free and then sending them back across the border.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    True that. Drug addicts, panhandlers, homeless, mentally ill, and various other villains are the order of the day here in sunny FL.
    You forgot Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You forgot Canadians.
    Don't get me started.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

You forgot Canadians.
    Is there anything worse than Canadians?

Okay, the Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

Okay, the Dutch.
    Not the Irish?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

Okay, the Dutch.
    Nah, for me it’s the Canadians though I once arrested a Dutch murder suspect. He was dressed like he was in the reservoir dogs (black suit etc) and his only luggage was a carry on bag full of condoms and cigarettes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not the Irish?
    Nah, maybe IceLanders when they are drunk. Nice people sober but nasty , crazy drunks.

Nah, maybe IceLanders when they are drunk. Nice people sober but nasty , crazy drunks.
    Attachment 37236

In fairness, the Canadians from Ontario west would be OK if they just weren't here. The real issue is the Quebecois. I'll give you something to "Je me souviens".

User Tag List