Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Firearms Training Hub 2.0

Live schedules:

Active Response Training (Greg Ellifritz)
    ShivWorks (Craig Douglas)
    Langdon Tactical (Ernest Langdon)
    Cumberland Tactics (Randy Cain)
    Citizen's Defense Research (John Johnston / Melody Lauer)
    Handgun Combatives (Dave Spaulding)

All should have interactive maps on their pages.
    Last edited by David S.; 04-13-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    David S.

I just started following your page on facebook. Thanks for taking on this project!
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

The current mapping filters first by month, then puts the classes on the map. It would be nice to be able to filter geographically first and then see all the classes over a period of time.

E.g., select Oklahoma and see all the classes coming in 2019, or the next 3/6/12 months, on one list. Can you do that with the current system?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobettadefense View Post
    I just started following your page on facebook. Thanks for taking on this project!
    Thanks for the Like.

Hopefully it benefits you. I'm pretty sure more likes makes my FB page more visible to others, so it helps me.
    David S.

@David S. thank you for your efforts in this. I do hope that this works out for you in monetization because I can only imagine the amount of information that has to be added on a regular basis. I hope that a system/way could be designed or implemented that allows instructors to interface and update their scheduling directly. The community can only benefit from something like this. Being able to look for things that are close by with solid instruction can ease a lot of the logistical burden of having to travel and search near and far for solid training.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    The current mapping filters first by month, then puts the classes on the map. It would be nice to be able to filter geographically first and then see all the classes over a period of time.

E.g., select Oklahoma and see all the classes coming in 2019, or the next 3/6/12 months, on one list. Can you do that with the current system?
    The maps for the individual instructors are designed to show all events (no sorting). The "training type" pages are sorted by month.

As the schedules start filling up, some of the general pages (Handgun, for instance) will get really busy and require sorting. Sorting by month isn't perfect for everyone, but it's something. Unfortunately, the software doesn't allow me to sort by state or region. It would offer some benefits, like the ability to spam email people with upcoming classes in your area. That may be something I play with in the future.

I honestly think creating a drop-down menu or individual pages for states/regions would be cumbersome. If I get enough demand for it, we'll see.

Meadhall Range seems to be bringing in a lot of really good people.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
    David S
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @David S. thank you for your efforts in this. I do hope that this works out for you in monetization because I can only imagine the amount of information that has to be added on a regular basis. I hope that a system/way could be designed or implemented that allows instructors to interface and update their scheduling directly. The community can only benefit from something like this. Being able to look for things that are close by with solid instruction can ease a lot of the logistical burden of having to travel and search near and far for solid training.
    Thanks for the comments.

I do have the capability to allow the instructors to log in update their own profiles, and the process appears pretty simple. Once I get the traffic (hits on my site) and conversion (people leaving my site to the instructors website or event service), I'll start asking them to take on some of that load. I have several instructors that can't be bothered to even keep their own website up to date. Several only update to Facebook and Instagram because it's super easy, and Eventbrite because it gets them paid.

I'm hoping they will see the benefit of updating my site once there's enough activity to justify that extra effort.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

I do have the capability to allow the instructors to log in update their own profiles, and the process appears pretty simple. Once I get the traffic (hits on my site) and conversion (people leaving my site to the instructors website or event service), I'll start asking them to take on some of that load. I have several instructors that can't be bothered to even keep their own website up to date. Several only update to Facebook and Instagram because it's super easy, and Eventbrite because it gets them paid.

I'm hoping they will see the benefit of updating my site once there's enough activity to justify that extra effort.
    Me too. This concept is great, can you interface with Eventbrite? Twice the exposure for instructors and if the payment process and class list can be streamlined for instructors they would have double the reason to work with you. It would be a win for Eventbrite, the instructors, and you. More exposure just ensures more income for everyone. Not that SN and other's have any trouble filling their classes.

Other thoughts. Not that I am a huge fan of some of the youtube personalities but maybe you can team with some of them, (non-douchey ones) for mentions/advertising once you figure out a monetary angle to pay for it. They do reach a huge crowd. You can also run advertising with Brownells or whoever, though Luckygunner would be one of the tops on my list. I like his content and like to support them could be a win for both of you. Also since Chris is an industry guy maybe he'd be willing to make some introductions? Discounts on ammo when booked with classes?

Sorry if I seem like the good idea fairy but I really like the idea of this, potential is limitless and would really like to see it succeed.
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-13-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Me too. This concept is great, can you interface with Eventbrite? Twice the exposure for instructors and if the payment process and class list can be streamlined for instructors they would have double the reason to work with you. It would be a win for Eventbrite, the instructors, and you. More exposure just ensures more income for everyone. Not that SN and other's have any trouble filling their classes.

Other thoughts. Not that I am a huge fan of some of the youtube personalities but maybe you can team with some of them, (non-douchey ones) for mentions/advertising once you figure out a monetary angle to pay for it. They do reach a huge crowd. You can also run advertising with Brownells or whoever, though Luckygunner would be one of the tops on my list. I like his content and like to support them could be a win for both of you. Also since Chris is an industry guy maybe he'd be willing to make some introductions? Discounts on ammo when booked with classes?

Sorry if I seem like the good idea fairy but I really like the idea of this, potential is limitless and would really like to see it succeed.
    Quit giving away all my ideas!!
    David S.

Rangemaster ( @Tom Givens ) is up.
    Last edited by David S.; 04-14-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    David S.

User Tag List