Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Firearms Training Hub 2.0

Introducing Firearms Training Hub 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Firearms Training Hub 2.0 is open for business. #pimpmysite .

As many of you know, I started a website a couple years ago with the goal of centralizing information and schedules for local, regional and national level instructors that "I" believe are teaching high quality, legitimate TTPs to private citizens.

I believe we are living in a golden era of firearms training. The available training options have never been so good. Finding quality training in near you can be challenging, especially for new student. Interested students have to (a) know who's worth training with, (b) go to their website, (c) determine if desired instructor is running a desired class nearby, (d) repeat until you find a match. I aim to combine all their schedules in a central location and make it easy to search for training. Using a map-based scheduling, the user could search by type of training and see who's coming to your area.

I built version 1.0 from the ground up using a inexpensive hosting service and bloated drag-and-drop web design plug-in. The results was an extremely slow website that sometimes took minutes to fully load. The backend was also painfully slow to upload events to the calendar, challenging my motivation to keep things up to date. Aside from website speed and ghetto-ness, most comments were generally positive. In November I engaged a professional web developer to re-build the site. They've maintained the core concept, added some color, and cleaned up the code to significantly improved load times. So far I'm pretty happy with the results.

Where we're at now and where we're going.
    - The instructor schedules did not migrate from the original site, so they are currently out of date or non-existent. I do have current schedules for Active Response Training/ (Greg Ellifritz) and ShivWorks (Craig Douglas), and more will be added over the next couple weeks.

- I would like to replace several of the stock images and themes with something less tacti-cool. (Let me know if you have good pics that you'd like to donate to the cause, particularly panoramics that would be suitable for narrow headers and footers.)

- I have a bunch of instructors I'd like to add. I'll be contacting them in the near future. Some will be household names like the ShivWorks Collective, Active Self Protection, Gabe White, Vickers, some of the Primary & Secondary crowd (MSP, Pressburg, Reston, Blowers, etc). Some will be local/regional instructors, like QSI Training in MN, First Person Safety and The Complete Combatant in GA, Valor Ridge in TN, and so on. There's dozens of people doing good work.

If this interests you, I could use your help.
    - Please beta test for me. Let me know what's working and what's not. What do you like and not like?
    - Here's my current instructor list. Please PM/DM/email me or in this thread. Who should I add? Who should I be removing?
    - I don't want to spam P-F with a bunch of updates and thread bumps. Follow and share "Firearms Training Hub" on Facebook if you're interested in the latest and greatest updates, along with articles I find interesting. #shamelesspimp .

Thanks for your interest and feedback.

Cheers,
    David S.

Disclosures.
    - This is a currently a labor of love. I'd love it see this pick up enough momentum to justify some form of monetization, but that's currently not in play.
    - I'm not financially, or otherwise affiliated with any of the instructors listed on my site. I'm trained with several of them and know others by reputation only. No more than one or two know me from Adam.
    - There are several instructors who have declined to be included. I have respected their wishes and omitted them from the site with no hard feelings. I would be happy to re-engage if they change their mind.

I would add Combatspeed, LLC (Super Dave Harrington)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 04-14-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I would add Combatspeed, LLC (Super Dave Harrington)
    Super Dave would be an excellent fit. Based on the few interviews I've heard, it just seems like he prefers to stay off the radar. I'm certainly not seeing an active training calendar. I could be totally wrong and I'd love to bring him on board if he's interested. I'll probably reach out to him once I exhaust the current group of instructors.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    David S.

Just updated
    Protective Shooting Concepts (Wester PA)
    Immediate Action Combatives ( @Cecil Burch )
    Last edited by David S.; 04-14-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    David S.

John Murphy FPF Training?

Newly added. These three are absolute beasts. Between the three of them there are over 80 classes remaining this year.

Defense Training International - John Farnam
    Sentinel Concepts/ - Steve Fisher
    Massad Ayoob Group - Massad Ayoob @Mas
    David S.

Hey, thanks, David!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Hey, thanks, David!
    Absolutely Mas! I hope it helps people find you guys.
    David S.

It's been a productive week here at FTH HQ.

Mike Green and crew at Green Ops in Northern Virginia
    Randy Cain of Cumberland Tactics in SW Florida
    Karl Rehn and crew at KR Training near Austin, TX
    Jerry Jones and crew at Op Spec Training
    Chris Fry at MDTS in NYC, Long Island, surrounding areas.
    Ben & Rachael Dewalt at Onsight Training in NYC, Long Island, surrounding areas.
    David S.

I've had a few instructors approach me about offering an event management alternative to Eventbrite. I'm discussing options with my developer now and they seem positive.

If you are an instructor that has used, or is using with Eventbrite or similar, let me know what you like and don't like them. What features would you like to see? Feel free to have that discussion here, PM me or email me.
    David S.

Do you have any intention to adding instructors or a section that is focused on competitive shooting? Instructors like Stoeger, JJ, Steve Anderson, Tim Herron, Seeklander/Latham, etc. would be great to see.

Really like the map feature as well. Appreciate your efforts.

User Tag List