Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Great Video on Ballistics by Lucky Gunner!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    Maybe you should be using the FMJs on the range, and keeping the better quality hollowpoints for carry. If nothing else, it's cheaper that way.

The think is, when you need your pistol to put down a BG, you REALLY need it to put down he BG NOW!!! FMJ is the ammo that's least likely to do that, everything else being equal (and there's nothing about using FMJ vs better hollowpoints that would not make everything else equal.)
    I'll make a note of that. Thank you for the tip!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'll make a note of that. Thank you for the tip!
    One of the things I love about this place is how I learn things I didn't know...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'll say this, though; once upon a time I would have been filled with anxiety if I'd accidentally shot up my carry ammo on the first day of a class and had to brave the terrors of the Holiday Inn Express parking lot on Saturday night with a magazine full of FMJ, but the more I've read about this stuff... well, I really don't sweat that sort of minutia anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I've approached this from the opposite direction. Going to a class where you're expected to be ready to go when you get there, I'll leave the motel with Winchester NATO-spec hardball in the gun and spare mag. I don't see it being much of a chance to take at 0700 in a rural Texas town. I'll load the HST when I leave the range.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've approached this from the opposite direction. Going to a class where you're expected to be ready to go when you get there, I'll leave the motel with Winchester NATO-spec hardball in the gun and spare mag.
    That's a good idea. I'll be stealing it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List