Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Julian Assange arrested

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Sweden has reopened its rape investigation. From BBC News:

Swedish prosecutors have reopened an investigation into a rape allegation made against Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange in 2010.

The inquiry has been revived at the request of the alleged victim's lawyer.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

7 years living in a tiny room in the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Gets 50-weeks of prison sentence, in what is probably a bigger cell.

I wonder if he thinks that it was still worth it?

Meanwhile, Bradley Manning has refused to testify before another grand jury, "probably" about assange/wikileaks.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

From BBC News:

Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange is to remain in prison when his jail term ends because of his "history of absconding", a judge has ruled.

He was due to be released on 22 September after serving his sentence for breaching bail conditions.

He will face a full extradition hearing next year, starting on 25 February, after an extradition request was signed by the then home secretary Sajid Javid in June.

District judge Vanessa Baraitser on Friday told Assange, who appeared by video-link: "You have been produced today because your sentence of imprisonment is about to come to an end.

"When that happens your remand status changes from a serving prisoner to a person facing extradition."

She said that his lawyer had declined to make an application for bail on his behalf, adding "perhaps not surprisingly in light of your history of absconding in these proceedings".
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Sweden has dropped their rape investigation. From BBC News:

Prosecutors in Sweden have dropped an investigation into a rape allegation made against Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange in 2010.

Deputy Director of Public Prosecution Eva-Marie Persson took the decision to "discontinue the investigation regarding Julian Assange", the Swedish Prosecution Authority said.

"The reason for this decision is that the evidence has weakened considerably due to the long period of time that has elapsed since the events in question," it added.

Ms Persson said: "I would like to emphasise that the injured party has submitted a credible and reliable version of events.

"Her statements have been coherent, extensive and detailed; however, my overall assessment is that the evidential situation has been weakened to such an extent that that there is no longer any reason to continue the investigation."

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I think the people that are seeing this to the extreme of one side or the other are missing the big picture. My gut tells me he should do time, it also tells me he's going to expose some real heinous shit that some powerful people hoped would never see the light of day.
    I think they are still talking about that in the impeachment hearings.

Roger Stone is going to jail. He may end up like Epstein. Accidentally fell down 3 flights of stairs in shackles or something.

Does anyone honestly think Trump is stupid enough to pardon that moron?

Never mind.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...kileaks-070368
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-19-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

The Swedish Prosecutor affirms the credibility of the victim's account; dropping the investigation over elapsed time seems weak.

U.S. and Swedish extradition efforts are at a cross-purpose, wonder if Sweden stood down...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

User Tag List