Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange arrested

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    That piece of shit's sentence was commuted in 2017. That... individual... is walking free. Which *really* pisses me off.

Nope, locked up again.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...inia-jail.html
    #RESIST

Julian Assange arrested

That piece of shit's sentence was commuted in 2017. That... individual... is walking free. Which *really* pisses me off.
    Yeah Obama commuted his sentence in the last few weeks of his presidency along with tons of others. That was after taxpayers paid for his sex change surgery IIRC though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 04-11-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I hope he burns it all down.
    Hearing rumors of a dead man's switch so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Oh my! That video of Assange being practically dragged out is pure gold.
    The best part is the grizzled old uniformed cop at camera left in the first two shots trying not to laugh put loud.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Had no idea, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remind me why we're celebrating his extradition when he's one of the only people willing to do the work, and take the risk, of exposing some of the most legally hidden egregious crimes against the western world, committed by the leaders of the western world?

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Remind me why we're celebrating his extradition when he's one of the only people willing to do the work, and take the risk, of exposing some of the most legally hidden egregious crimes against the western world, committed by the leaders of the western world?
    For me it comes down to the rule of law and the right of privacy vs. 'the ends justify the means'.

I agree that it's a good thing for people to have information about their leaders (or foreign leaders) or even hate groups or subversive organizations. But by the same token, if steps aren't taken to ensure that the rights of individuals, even despicable individuals, are protected with the same constitutional umbrella that we would claim for ourselves...then what are we to fall back upon when we are the victims?

Another issue is the ease with which data is manipulated and corrupted in written or graphic form. How is one to vet the information being provided by folks like Assange? Against what standard if that is the only venue the information is coming from? How can one be certain of authenticity...and that key paragraphs, for example, haven't been altered to satisfy a political agenda?

Just some quick thoughts on why it's a complex matter.
    Last edited by blues; 04-11-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    Manning is currently being held on contempt charges

Site Supporter
    Because he didn't/doesn't give a rat's ass about the negative outcomes to good people's lives that would result from what he's done. Don't EVEN try to portray this shitbag as a "noble warrior".

As someone who once was a consumer and producer of classified information, I know that this trust can be and has been abused. I don't agree that consciously fucking over good people is a reasonable cost of exposing that abuse.

Remind me why we're celebrating his extradition...
    He broke the law. He did harm to this country.

That's why we're celebrating his extradition.

User Tag List