Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI Iver Johnson Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    38/200 loads are generally not recommended for american make revolvers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand that applies to the antiquated top break pocket revolvers originally designed for black powder. It rapidly accelerates wear. This is more modern (1970s) solid frame revolver. I didn’t think that applied with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    This choice changes the game. It's the one.
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I understand that applies to the antiquated top break pocket revolvers originally designed for black powder. It rapidly accelerates wear. This is more modern (1970s) solid frame revolver. I didn’t think that applied with this one.
    Good catch medmo! I would double check with the ammo company, though. Another more modern .38S&W:
    http://mattsbullets.com/ammunition/i...products_id=25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I failed to say that these revolvers are well made. They work and are reliable. They fit a niche not occupied by Colt and S&W. Price wise they were cheap. But the quality was not cheap. After complete disassembly, two trained monkeys and an octopus were required to put one back together.

Swiped from the internet

This gun does not have the firing pin block!!! Also, the British service revolvers were sighted in with the heavier 380/200 gr lead bullet, which was later replaced with a jacketed 380/178 gr due to The Hague Convention Rules of Warfare banning lead bullets. Most of the American made 38 S&W/ 38 Colt New Police guns were originally sighted in for 146 gr US ammo. S&W marked ammo was round nose lead, and the Colt marked ammo featured a flat-nosed lead bullet. Other than that, performance was identical.

I.J. CADET MODEL 55S-----------------------------------1955-1960
    The difference between the Model 55 and the Model 55S is only in the barrel length and grips. Grip panels are two piece small pocket size Tenite and the barrel length is 2 ½ inches and finish is blue. Does not have Hammer the Hammer action. Caliber .22 rimfire with 8 rounds cylinder capacity, recessed chambers with Flash Control front rim (cylinder unfluted until 1958); Weight 24 ounces; Frame height 4 inches; Frame length 4 7/8 inches; Overall length 7 inches. DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION
    I.J. CADET MODEL 55SA----------------------------------1961-1978
    The difference between this A series and the earlier series is the addition of a loading gate to the right side of the frame. All specifications are the same except a small weight gain because of the loading gate. Also two new calibers offered 32 S&W Long and 38 S&W.
    DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION
    VALUE: 100%=$225 60%=$95

https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/thr...t-55-sa.76302/ This site is one of the best sources for obsolete civilian firearms info. The post clipped above was from 2010.

Just checked the exploded diagram. No hammer safety parts.

User Tag List