Thread: SIRT AR bolt - any value?

SIRT AR bolt - any value?

While the idea that the SIRT pistol would revolutionize pistol training turned out to be false, it seems like there never was much hype about the SIRT AR bolt.

It seems to avoid a couple of problems that the SIRT pistol has.

1) you train with your actual rifle, rather than a plastic copy of a make of pistol that might not even be your issued or carry pistol

2) the issue of focusing on the laser would seem to be less of a big deal with the AR than with the pistol, since if shooting through a optics you'll presumably have a target focus anyway and will already be seeing the red dot. Seeing or looking for the flash of the laser wouldn't be teaching you bad habits (again, presumably. Maybe I'd change my view after trying one.)

What am I missing? I'm going to shoot some competitions with rifle stages, so I was thinking about picking up a SIRT bolt and start practicing in my garage with scaled down targets.
    Last edited by BigD; 04-10-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Site Supporter
    While I cannot comment on the AR bolt, my SIRT pistol was the best training money I have ever spent. Not only do I have instant feedback (while looking at the sights exactly as I should), but I have been able to diagnose issues with myself and with students that would never have been easily apparent otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List