Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For you HK guys - rare of the rare magazine

I stumbled upon this forum quite by accident after the auction closed on the T223 mag.
    I was one of the bidders but didn’t win, it sold for $250.

I think the auction had over 400 views but there were only three different bidders. The person who won put a high maximum bid right off the bat, congrats!

There have been a few pictures of this style magazine posted but needless to say it is very rare; and to see one pop up out of the blue was quite surprising. A fellow member on another forum alerted me to this auction. I’ve had a WTB listing on a couple of boards for one of these mags for a few years now. Unfortunately/fortunately I set my limit on this one, there was no telling how far it would of gone.

Once again, congrats to the buyer!

Quote Originally Posted by 21HK View Post
    I stumbled upon this forum quite by accident after the auction closed on the T223 mag.
    I was one of the bidders but didn’t win, it sold for $250.

I think the auction had over 400 views but there were only three different bidders. The person who won put a high maximum bid right off the bat, congrats!

There have been a few pictures of this style magazine posted but needless to say it is very rare; and to see one pop up out of the blue was quite surprising. A fellow member on another forum alerted me to this auction. I’ve had a WTB listing on a couple of boards for one of these mags for a few years now. Unfortunately/fortunately I set my limit on this one, there was no telling how far it would of gone.

Once again, congrats to the buyer!
    Yep, rare for sure. Odd enough that very few people would be interested. I had no input as far as pricing - $50 or $1,000 or anything in between would not have surprised me. We did have a 1911 Type I magazine that we sold for $1,300 but that was much easier to pinpoint a value on. There is also a Stoner 63 magazine running at fixed price, again easy as there were realized auctions to base a price off of.

I have been rather lucky in my career in a podunk gun shop to have handled some very rare and odd things. One of my favorites is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVNQQplAzu0

And me with the rifle before it sold at auction in 2010:

Name:  IMG_0224.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  29.7 KB

We found out Reed Knight bought the rifle when one of our customers who is a civilian worker with Picatinny Arsenal saw it in the Knights "museum". It is reported that Reed wasn't happy that he knew where the rifle came from!

That is a very cool rifle. I’m not a bolt action guy but I did actually watch that video a while back, very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 21HK View Post
    That is a very cool rifle. I’m not a bolt action guy but I did actually watch that video a while back, very interesting.
    It is. The fitment of of the stock to the metal components is top quality. It was a mashup of Krag and Springfield parts with the obvious new-made stuff. I lost my notes due to a hard drive failure, but the barrel was an early M1903 version (dated to 1906 I think) with a early Krag (M1892 IIRC) rear sight and a receiver based on the M1903 but was not an actual M1903. We never disassembled it as, well, we didn't know what we were doing and there really was no point in the end. We presumed it to be .30/06 or possibly .30/03 but never did a chamber cast.

Will it accept backwards rounds?

No compromise.

User Tag List