Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Blackhawk Duty Holster

New Blackhawk Duty Holster

Saw this on Soldier Systems today:

https://blackhawk.com/products/holst...earing-holster

I don't think I will be trading in my Safariland SLS/ALS holster for this, but I would like to see a video on it.

Site Supporter

I hope it's a quality holster, but I am not sure what this does that an ALS does not do as well or better. If the price was cheaper I might understand the appeal, but otherwise ALS seems to be the way to go.

Well, at least they’re trying to move away from the index finger release.

From watching the video it looks like the retention release on these is defeated by thumb pressure towards the firearm, hence the whole Master Grip Principle thing.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

So a while back some of the TPI guys were playing with options for running a duty rig at the appendix position. At that time the only workable L3 setup was the duty SERPA on a hi ride loop with a reverse cant on it. It was a good setup but was obviously hampered by the limitations of the SERPA and never really gained any traction. If this holster is backwards compatible with existing Blackhawk duty hardware I'll definitely be picking one up to test the viability of it for appendix duty carry.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kobuksonhwacha View Post
    So a while back some of the TPI guys were playing with options for running a duty rig at the appendix position. At that time the only workable L3 setup was the duty SERPA on a hi ride loop with a reverse cant on it. It was a good setup but was obviously hampered by the limitations of the SERPA and never really gained any traction. If this holster is backwards compatible with existing Blackhawk duty hardware I'll definitely be picking one up to test the viability of it for appendix duty carry.

SERPA at the Apendix? Am I misunderstanding?

Not trying to be cute, just curious.

Site Supporter
    Eh, by Blackhawk, so I will be giving it a miss. I was part of that whole piss up on Lightfighter with Mike Noel a few years ago. Haven't bought anything by them. Mr. Noel's service aside, and the discounts available to cops, the way he spun poor manufacturing and design decisions and basically pissed down our backs while commenting on the rain has left the brand scarred for me. I realize that he has not owned the company in years, but it is still tainted for me. Rather run a Blade-Tech duty holster.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    SERPA at the Apendix? Am I misunderstanding?

Not trying to be cute, just curious.
    Yup, you read that right.

Name:  Appendix Duty.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  64.0 KB

As stated, suboptimal for numerous reasons. As it stands, there's not a Safariland configuration that will allow the same positioning, and so this holster is legitimately intriguing to me.

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I never thought a gear picture could make me feel so bad.

As far as the new holster, this at least demonstrates that Blackhawk knows the SERPA is an inferior product.

Quote Originally Posted by kobuksonhwacha View Post
    Yup, you read that right.

Name:  Appendix Duty.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  64.0 KB

As stated, suboptimal for numerous reasons. As it stands, there's not a Safariland configuration that will allow the same positioning, and so this holster is legitimately intriguing to me.
    Okay, you might actually blow your dick off
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List