Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Astronomers Release First Actual Photo of Black Hole

Site Supporter
    This reminds me of a very old science fiction movie called the Blackhole.... I am pretty sure that is the name. A unique giant spaceship was able to stay close to the blackhole; I do not remember why they wanted to be close to it.

One of the heroes in the movie was a small robot that could shoot really well. I think he used two guns. A bad guy was a large robot that had superior technology.... and it was mean. It was a cool movie for the time period.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    This reminds me of a very old science fiction movie called the Blackhole.... I am pretty sure that is the name. A unique giant spaceship was able to stay close to the blackhole; I do not remember why they wanted to be close to it.

One of the heroes in the movie was a small robot that could shoot really well. I think he used two guns. A bad guy was a large robot that had superior technology.... and it was mean. It was a cool movie for the time period.
    I remember that movie. It was by Disney and terrible.

Chris

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    watching attractive nerdy women talk tech.
    One of the best things in the world...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    One of the best things in the world...
    Yep. Sign me up.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I vaguely remember that when the term was being made popular in the West, Russian scientists were amused as the direct translation of black hole into Russian was viewed as a sexual term. Don't know if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post

I think nostalgia has colored your memories of this movie. I watched it relatively recently and the ending was terrible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I think nostalgia has colored your memories of this movie. I watched it relatively recently and the ending was terrible.
    I think you are right. It is nostalgia.

User Tag List