Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 Leaked? - G17 MOS Slide, G19.5(?) Frame

Glock 47 Leaked? - G17 MOS Slide, G19.5(?) Frame

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 2625
Size:  81.6 KB

Not sure how legit this is, but it popped up in the P&S Discord earlier today. Definitely something I'll look at picking up next year if real. I'm assuming we'll know more at NRAAM.

Site Supporter
    It’s the new CBP/USBP duty gun.

Might want to merge this with the CBP duty gun thread.

Looks like a G45 frame to me

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman001 View Post
    Looks like a G45 frame to me
    Pretty much. The slide is what is different. It’s 17 length but appears to be a G17 length version of the the G34 slide in that it uses a the shorter G19 RSA. This is to meet the modularity requirements in the CBP Statement Of Work. So you can put a G47 slide on a G19 or 45 frame.

The SOW required three pistols, full size, compact and sub compact. The slides and frames of the FS and compact had to be swappable as did the slides and frames of the compact and subcompact.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The SOW required three pistols, full size, compact and sub compact. The slides and frames of the FS and compact had to be swappable as did the slides and frames of the compact and subcompact.
    Did they achieve the latter? G19 and G26 swappable?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Did they achieve the latter? G19 and G26 swappable?
    No they are not.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

At a USPSA match in Yuma today, I was in a squad with a friend who is a firearms instructor for customs and border patrol. He has experience with the new Glock 47, and says he feels it is the best shooting Glock 9 mm, and he has experience with all the models including the 34.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How long have people been cutting G17 frames to G19 length?

Nice for Glock to finally get with the program.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    How long have people been cutting G17 frames to G19 length?

Nice for Glock to finally get with the program.

Okie John
    That’s not what a 47 is doing, though. It’s still a full length grip like a 45, just with a 17 length slide that has an extended dust cover and a 19 length RSA.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At a USPSA match in Yuma today, I was in a squad with a friend who is a firearms instructor for customs and border patrol. He has experience with the new Glock 47, and says he feels it is the best shooting Glock 9 mm, and he has experience with all the models including the 34.
    Did your friend articulate why, or what about it shot better than other 9mm Glocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List