Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: .22 Training Pistol - anything really worthwhile?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    You could go with a fiberoptic from Dawson or another maker - you'd need to know the height of the Glock sight Taurus uses - most adjustable rears wouldn't work with the stock Glock front sight height.
    That's the plan. The height isn't much of the concern, it's the width to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    That's the plan. The height isn't much of the concern, it's the width to be honest.
    Most aftermarket adjustables will need a taller front sight. Although if the one on the Taurus isn't higher profile than the Glock adjustable you'll probably be okay with the stock Glock height, which IIRC is .165. On Dawson's site they have .170 fiber optics in .105, .115 and .125 widths. Should be able to find one you like.

I have had good luck with students with PPQ22 and the Glock 44. I think they are both great options.

HOWEVER, when working with a new student, the first thing I do is work on recoil control! Then trigger press and then sight alignment. I tape over the sights.

Hell, I don’t even let them press the trigger themselves (I do it for them) until we have the grip and recoil control sorted out first.

User Tag List