Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Interesting. I don't see the half moon cut on the front strap. And it appears they have even longer base plates on the mag so it can be stripped even though they eliminated the half moon cut.... I don't know why shooters can't just cowboy up and ignore the cut out, but when you buy 20,000 of something you can have it your way.
    It'll be closer to 60K guns depending on what is bought.

Will agents be issued a 17 frame and then a 19 or 17 slide as they wish? How will the G19 or G26 fit into the issuance plans?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The rumor mill says we will be able to buy smaller guns off the contract for off duty use? Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Will agents be issued a 17 frame and then a 19 or 17 slide as they wish? How will the G19 or G26 fit into the issuance plans?

Good point. I was just thinking about USBP. When all the Air & Marine, OFO, etc buy guns the number will be significantly more than 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    The rumor mill says we will be able to buy smaller guns off the contract for off duty use? Who knows...
    The rumor also is we'll be able to buy any other gun(s) that met the standards but weren't selected due to price, delivery time frame, etc.

Breath not being held...

Am I crazy, or would the pictured model open the door for a 17 slide on a 19 frame without the need for a saw?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffw78 View Post
    Am I crazy, or would the pictured model open the door for a 17 slide on a 19 frame without the need for a saw?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yes that should be correct.

The rumor also is we'll be able to buy any other gun(s) that met the standards but weren't selected due to price, delivery time frame, etc.

Breath not being held...

Heard that one too...seems less likely though.

I have heard “modularity” became mainstream for Glock design after the MHS submission.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have heard “modularity” became mainstream for Glock design after the MHS submission.
    Yep. I think we'll see pretty much everyone making a "modular" pistol within the next few years even if the average gun owner has no need.

If only there were a merry few guys from Harper's Ferry on the board that were free to discuss such
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List