Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    While several federal agencies allow optional personal weapons, I'm not aware of any which allow them for trainees in the academy. They have to pass the academy with the issued weapon.
    Unless it has changed, we still allow someone to go through basic at FLETC with a POW. We never had A standard model - it could be any classic Sig P220, 226, 229, etc. in DA/SA. There is some paperwork involved with getting the gun on campus for use during basic but it can be done.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Unless it has changed, we still allow someone to go through basic at FLETC with a POW. We never had A standard model - it could be any classic Sig P220, 226, 229, etc. in DA/SA. There is some paperwork involved with getting the gun on campus for use during basic but it can be done.
    From an agency POV we wouldn’t want to go to the trouble of inspecting and approving a POW for someone who may or may not graduate. Plus that process includes a block of transition training which includes a qual.

From the FLETC side, out processing the students POW if they wash out (or get kicked out) is more of a concern than processing in.

In fact, at one time, our agency Firearms Instructor training program required you to complete FI school with the issued 229R DAK 40 even if you carried a POW on duty. The theory was they were training you to to teach people to use the issued weapon so you should be able to master it.

Plus, if I recall correctly y’all’s pipeline is a little different with most (or all) full timers going to FLETC being in the system as prior Seasonal LEOs ?
    Last edited by HCM; 04-17-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Guess what ? Everyone thinks their ass is gonna age like fine wine.
    Well, pretty much my ass is the only thing that has aged like fine wine. Eyes (and some other parts), not so much.

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Success has many parents!

I am just glad that you can buy a new Glock that is accurate, ejects cases vigorously, has a good trigger and even good sights in the form of the Bold sights, that you can take out of the box and go with. I just got a G5 26 with Bold sights today, and the only thing I did tonight was add the slightly extended fed mag release and a grip plug, both which weren’t strictly necessary. When I shot it this afternoon, even the sights were on. This is the twelve shot group I shot at 20 yards in a big wind.

Attachment 37109
    Sorry for bumping an old post of yours; what height front did your G26 come with, .180 or .200?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old post of yours; what height front did your G26 come with, .180 or .200?

Thank you
    .200 I think, although it has been some time, and I am traveling.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    .200 I think, although it has been some time, and I am traveling.
    Thank you, what sight picture do you get with those? Drive the dot or the standard bisect the target?

We were issued our H&Ks yesterday... talked to multiple classes, all said they were issued recycled guns. Our class had 50 new P2000s. Pulled the slides when we were going over the guns... packing grease and zero wear.

Was talking to the instructor on the break, trainees will be getting the Glocks starting in October. Depending on port, transition to be within that following year. So, I got a brand new H&K, that I’ll be sending to the shredder within a years time. Hopefully I can keep the magazines and liberate them to my father.

Not that it is doing much, but sent an email to the White House, asking to reverse Clinton’s EO. At least made me feel a little better about the situation... but I’d buy this gun in an instant. Not because it is so awesome, but because it is was issued to me.

Today's rumors/news:

The first batches of first article test guns have been received. Testing is expected to be done by the end of the month with initial shipments commencing sometime in early July. Northern border areas will be the first to receive shipments once the rollout starts.

OFO will be issuing the G19 to uniformed officers. USBP will allow agents to choose between the 47 and 19. The 26 will be issued to agents in plainclothes assignments such as intel. No plans exist currently to buy everyone a 26. That was one of the big rumors running around my area.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Today's rumors/news:

The first batches of first article test guns have been received. Testing is expected to be done by the end of the month with initial shipments commencing sometime in early July. Northern border areas will be the first to receive shipments once the rollout starts.

OFO will be issuing the G19 to uniformed officers. USBP will allow agents to choose between the 47 and 19. The 26 will be issued to agents in plainclothes assignments such as intel. No plans exist currently to buy everyone a 26. That was one of the big rumors running around my area.
    Think the 26 will be allowed for private purchase and off duty carry?

Never heard the rumor of everyone getting a 26. The one going around here is that we will be able to buy a 19 or 26 off the contract to “officially” carry off duty. You have any intel on dots being authorized?

User Tag List