Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    If his photo is legit, it's much more than that. It clearly says 47 on the side of the gun. And it appears to be a G45 lower (17 length handle w/ 19 length dust cover) but with a 17 length slide. This would allow you to run the same frame with the 19 upper if you wanted. It has the ridiculous front serrations that were specified I think. It also has the MOS plate for optics that I know were in the RFP. Pretty impressive if that's what they did.
    That's my understanding of what the Glock 47 is although nothing has been released yet and I wasn't part of the testing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Did they specify a barrel length? Wondering why the 17 length slide over just a g45 mos. which Glock should just drop anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Did they specify a barrel length? Wondering why the 17 length slide over just a g45 mos. which Glock should just drop anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The solicitation called for three sizes, from what I recall. Basically a full-, mid- and compact-sized pistol built on the same format. Red dot mounting was specified for the full-size. Front cocking serrations were also a requirement.

The P2000’s will be headed to the shredder. Good ridden! Yea, seems to be a 17MOS slide on a 45 frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not exactly a 17 slide, the recoil spring guide looks to be 34 sort of width.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    The P2000’s will be headed to the shredder.

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Time for some HK P2000 surplus liquidation sales.
    Don't hold your breath. Surplus pistols can't be sold.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Surplus pistols can't be sold.
    And how would want one?

Many of these guns have been in use since 2005-2006. That's a lot of hard miles.

I guess if the price was right... Nah, I still wouldn't buy one.

More kind of maybe our next gun?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    More kind of maybe our next gun?
    Interesting. I don't see the half moon cut on the front strap. And it appears they have even longer base plates on the mag so it can be stripped even though they eliminated the half moon cut.... I don't know why shooters can't just cowboy up and ignore the cut out, but when you buy 20,000 of something you can have it your way.

User Tag List