Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Two pin Gen 5 40SW Guns exist and are in use by Brazilian police. They have the wider higher math slide of the 45 gap models of previous generations. It strikes me as a better solution to the problems 40 Smith & Wesson brings to the platform and they had before. I’d buy one as well as one and 357 sig. just to get a gun in my collection at fires around should I find some cheap.
    You beat me to it. I also saw an article on a “23X” that was created for the military trials, also a 2 pin Gen 5. I wonder if that also had the GAP style slide..?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I ran about 2000 rounds of the purple stuff through two new Glock 27's and had about a 3% fail to extract. The guys at the range said whenever there was a problem on the line it was with Glock's not P2000's. I never saw any defective ammo on the other hand.

BTW there is no "purple" 9mm ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Maybe not for CBP but ICE has embraced the RITA (Readily Identifiable Training Ammuntion) life. I'll get a SKU number later.

We have been shooting it for about a year. It's a 115 grain Winchester load with a truncated cone bullet. It's not maked +P but is defintely loaded hotter than most commercial 115 grain stuff. I've got a few thousand rounds of it through Glocks including some classes. No issues in Glocks or SIG P320's at work but my MPX did not like the bullet shape. The downside is it is super dirty, likely a result of the powder they are using.

We've had similar results with the purple 40.

Havent seen a lot of the RITA .223 but it's an OTM bullet so it's been more accurate than out duty stuff.
    Just following up on the purple 9mm. Q4471 for those who order ammo.

Name:  2DA1C9CF-7AA2-48D9-ABAF-717A2B784929.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  7952826D-0CA9-471F-AA74-582AE8EAFA39.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  30.9 KB

Name:  B9FBD14F-2E19-4844-B4B8-B60D9CB3FD28.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  57.9 KB

Name:  5DB53BAC-2956-4346-AD66-6BC162AF6008.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  44.7 KB

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Slight thread drift, but has anyone had experience with the Federal Syntec Purple training ammo? Same concept, and ballistically matches the corresponding HST loads?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Slight thread drift, but has anyone had experience with the Federal Syntec Purple training ammo? Same concept, and ballistically matches the corresponding HST loads?
    I’ve been using the purple 147 and the red 150 in my Glocks and APC9 PRO at matches and have been very pleased. Only a few hundred rounds in each so far. I may go back to the Lawman 147 next time just because it’s cheaper than the Syntech.

Stupid question time:

Why oh why are the cases purple???

CBP Announces the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Stupid question time:

To make it easily visible that there is training ammo loaded, and not duty ammo. Works in the reverse, which is probably more used.

A 19/17 sized frame in .45 ACP ain't gonna happen. Not without special short-nosed bullets to keep over all length down. That's why the .45 GAP came about. With it's .138 shorter case (IIRC) the GAP fits, ACP is just too long.

Shame, too.

Cat

Stupid question time:

So we can make magic purple rainbows on qual days, so the PD knows who to yell at when we use their range and don’t brass up and because it makes them taste better.

Site Supporter
    Stupid question time:

RITA -Readily Identifiable Training Ammunition

Stupid question time:

CBP and ICE have over 50,000 gun carriers and, as with every agency, many of them aren’t gun people like those you’ll find on this board. The purple cases vs the nickel cases of something like Speer Gold Dot, and the flat nose FMJ projectile vs a hollow point are supposed to be obvious indicators that you have training ammo instead of duty ammo in your magazine. In theory, this should help minimize the amount of people leaving the range with FMJ in their duty guns instead of defensive ammo after qualifying.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List