Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    After classes end, firearms owned by FLETC are available for use at certain ranges, judging there is personnel to cover the use. I’ll check for a poster regarding it, and see if I can take a picture after hours. They also do the same with the E-range. However, FLETC doesn’t stock every gun issued... just a few of the more common ones.
    Well, that's weird they don't have P2000s then because that's the single most common gun at Glynco.

My memory of FLETC were overwhelming waves of blue OFO everywhere and the chow hall and G-Bar always being surrounded by the BOP trolls that came out from underneath the bridge for mating season.

And then every once in a while we'd see the NPS Rangers doing uniform inspections, and they'd always look like Mr Rogers and say things like, "Oh! Hi-ya there!" and "Okee-do'kee, artichoke-ee!" Friendliest, happiest people on Earth. That's the only time we ever saw them.....the rest of the time they must've been in the woods doing whatever it is they do.

Strange place, Glynco.
    Last edited by TGS; 06-05-2019 at 08:41 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

CBP Announces the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    My memory of FLETC were overwhelming waves of blue OFO everywhere and the chow hall and G-Bar always being surrounded by the BOP trolls that came out from underneath the bridge for mating season.
    Still is. We are currently at like 850 trainees... supposed to top 1,000 over the summer. We had a DUI meeting in that auditorium by the front gate, had all the seats filled and quite an amount of more trainees standing (staff was standing around, as well).

Next closest is TSA, with about 350 people consistently. Worst, out of all. Just are inconsiderate, and one of the most laughable displays of drill imaginable. And being here for two weeks, just keep being replaced with the same.

BOP isn’t bad, ICE has one or two guys we are on the lookout for. One ICE trainee tried to walk through our formation, and talked down to our TL... him being like 5’10” and fat, and her being 5’2”. Waiting for it to happen again, because one of use is going to swap out with her and let him try that with someone his own size.
    Last edited by Screwball; 06-05-2019 at 03:27 PM.

The rumor today at quals was there is going to be an approved list or PMRDOs that you will be able to privately purchase for use on duty...they don’t allow this with our rifles but who knows...as much as I’d rather have one bought for me by the service I’d have zero problems providing my own and a holster to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

If CBP thought it was important they would powder coat dead-lined P2000s red, clip the firing pins and plug the barrels. Its cheap enough to do with guns that are otherwise gonna go in the shredder.
    We have built several hundred red, blue, and even a few yellow P2000 over the past few years. So, they are out there.

The first small batch of Glocks showed up last week. The first article of testing will start next week and will take about two weeks to finish.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    We have built several hundred red, blue, and even a few yellow P2000 over the past few years. So, they are out there.

The first small batch of Glocks showed up last week. The first article of testing will start next week and will take about two weeks to finish.
    Are yellows laser trainers ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Are yellows laser trainers ?
    Yes, it's for the VirTra system.

https://www.virtra.com/
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post

You're being modest. "Several hundred" is an understatement.

As you know, the problem with building these dedicated training guns is one of labor. Used guns are certainly a good candidate but they have to be thoroughly cleaned and degreased before painting. They also have to have the internal parts modified to render them dry-fireable but incapable of firing live ammo. Once stripped, cleaned, painted and modified they have to be put back together. This takes away from more important work like fixing duty guns.

Blue guns (FX marking) are a bit quicker since the slide is replaced. But most of the detailed disassembly and reassembly is all in the frame anyway.

Fortunately the new Glock contract includes colored training guns so the labor/time problems won't be there. Also, guns like those from Next Level Training can probably be purchased with local funds for remedial training, use of force training, etc at the local level. No serial number means less hassle come inventory time.

If only we could get a SIRT gun without finger grooves and with a red dot cut....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 06-07-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    You're being modest. "Several hundred" is an understatement.

As you know, the problem with building these dedicated training guns is one of labor. Used guns are certainly a good candidate but they have to be thoroughly cleaned and degreased before painting. They also have to have the internal parts modified to render them dry-fireable but incapable of firing live ammo. Once stripped, cleaned, painted and modified they have to be put back together. This takes away from more important work like fixing duty guns.

Blue guns (FX marking) are a bit quicker since the slide is replaced. But most of the detailed disassembly and reassembly is all in the frame anyway.

Fortunately the new Glock contract includes colored training guns so the labor/time problems won't be there. Also, guns like those from Next Level Training can probably be purchased with local funds for remedial training, use of force training, etc at the local level. No serial number means less hassle come inventory time.

If only we could get a SIRT gun without finger grooves and with a red dot cut....

They don’t fix duty guns nor do they promote it. They’d rather shred them and send out a new one to try and deplete the warehouse. It’s been that way for a couple years now.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    They don’t fix duty guns nor do they promote it. They’d rather shred them and send out a new one to try and deplete the warehouse. It’s been that way for a couple years now.
    True of P2000s now but not true with 870s or M4s.

I was there in 2015/2016 when rebuilt P2000s were being sent out.

Was going through my emails yesterday, and noticed that one of our Supervisors sent out the new authorized equipment list... which has the Glock 47 in it.

Reading into it, listed approved modifications and all that. What stuck out at me was that optics are NOT authorized. Actually specifically said not to remove the plate. So, let’s get pistols cut for red dots... and not allow them. [emoji106] Hopefully it is more due to figuring out training prior to allowing them.

Did see the TLR-6 and TLR-7 were allowed.

FLETC also got their first shipment of them, which I believe instructors will get them first. Was talking to one of the firearm guys the other day, and he had no idea when the switch will go through. Said at least 2 months out. This was before the email, so didn’t ask anything about the optics.

User Tag List