Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I want to learn more about these 11 round G26 mags

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ICE has a train the trainer program of instruction (POI) for Pistol Mounted Optics (PMO) which was developed in conjunction with Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics. It is awaiting the roll out of optics on issued P320s for SRT team use which is in process, and the roll out of an optics program for POWs which is scheduled for release 1st quarter of FY 2021.

I've heard FLETC also has a POI for PMO/RDS pistols either ready to go or in the final stages of development.

I'd check with USMS too as they have been fielding PMO on POW guns for over a year.
    Well you quoted a post from 9 months ago... And I said, I'm sure they are out there.

I agree with most that RDS on pistols is the future. But agencies have to factor in training, policy, budget. The Marshals are doing it right IMO. Let a Deputy buy a personal gun for use on duty with an optic. They get the increase in capability without the agency having to find the funds. I suspect even at whatever price agencies are getting for pistol red dots, the price is still much higher than the cost of the pistol. At P-F we know that's normal. But agency bean counters are probably losing their minds over it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Well you quoted a post from 9 months ago... And I said, I'm sure they are out there.

I agree with most that RDS on pistols is the future. But agencies have to factor in training, policy, budget. The Marshals are doing it right IMO. Let a Deputy buy a personal gun for use on duty with an optic. They get the increase in capability without the agency having to find the funds. I suspect even at whatever price agencies are getting for pistol red dots, the price is still much higher than the cost of the pistol. At P-F we know that's normal. But agency bean counters are probably losing their minds over it.
    I’m a fan of POW programs in general. The biggest issue I see with an institutional POW program for red dots is making sure they are properly mounted. As you know proper mounting makes a big difference in the durability and reliability of the optic. It’s easy to have an authorized list of optics ready guns and approved optics but you need to either have a field armorer program Or spend a lot of money fed axing things to a national Armory to ensure proper mounting. For an RDS like the RMR which must be dismounted to change the battery. In a small PD it can work but could be an issue and a large organization.

Approving factory mounted optics like a SIG RX exchange kit is one soloution.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Is that mag the same length as a 10 round mag or is it longer?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Is that mag the same length as a 10 round mag or is it longer?
    About .15 inches longer.

Attachment 54352
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I’m a fan of POW programs in general. The biggest issue I see with an institutional POW program for red dots is making sure they are properly mounted. As you know proper mounting makes a big difference in the durability and reliability of the optic. It’s easy to have an authorized list of optics ready guns and approved optics but you need to either have a field armorer program Or spend a lot of money fed axing things to a national Armory to ensure proper mounting. For an RDS like the RMR which must be dismounted to change the battery. In a small PD it can work but could be an issue and a large organization.

Approving factory mounted optics like a SIG RX exchange kit is one soloution.
    We're authorized RMR's on POW's. They either have to be on an MOS gun and installed by an armorer at HQ or one of the field offices, or direct-milled and mounted at an authorized vendor. Seems to be going well so far, and the RDS's are much more popular than I thought they would be.

ICE has a train the trainer program of instruction (POI) for Pistol Mounted Optics (PMO) which was developed in conjunction with Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics. It is awaiting the roll out of optics on issued P320s for SRT team use which is in process, and the roll out of an optics program for POWs which is scheduled for release 1st quarter of FY 2021.
    I've heard FLETC also has a POI for PMO/RDS pistols either ready to go or in the final stages of development.
    I'd check with USMS too as they have been fielding PMO on POW guns for over a year.
    This is good news. My agency is waffling on pistol optics but leaning towards not allowing them. They are still open to discussion and the fact that we won't be the first might help.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    This is good news. My agency is waffling on pistol optics but leaning towards not allowing them. They are still open to discussion and the fact that we won't be the first might help.
    The Marshals have been allowing them on POW Glocks for about 2 years. But they are really a small organization in fed terms. 4-5k deputies. They rely heavily on their fugitive task force is and task force officers from other agencies.

I heard FLETC Charleston are the one working on the RDS POI for FLETC.

Those fancy people named after a piece of furniture are looking at RDS for SWAT types and have been working with Scott Jedlinski of Modern Samurai Project.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-20-2020 at 10:17 AM.

User Tag List