Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    Assuming this becomes available to the public, is there any reason to choose a Glock 17 over a Glock 47?

It might have been better to sell this as the Glock 17 Gen 6, or something. Seems a waste to sacrifice the 17 name.
    If the 47 is compatible with the G19, one can assume a shorter slide stroke than the 17. I'd keep the 17 as is, to be honest.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    If the 47 is compatible with the G19, one can assume a shorter slide stroke than the 17. I'd keep the 17 as is, to be honest.
    Slide stroke is determined by the location of the ejector, and how far aft of the chamber the magazine is located. All 9mm Glocks slides reciprocate the same distance.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yeah, losing the Army contract seems to have been good for Glock insofar as product improvement.
    Agreed

Reading in between the lines, it seems that when the guns are actually legitimately tested that Glocks seems to come out on top.

Now I don't own a Glock or a SIG anything. But I was hoping that Glock would win the DOD contract and I was disappointed they did not. I've heard several reasons why and one was lack of modularity. Is this modularity with the G19 and 47 a new idea for Glock? If they had thought of it sooner could they have been more competitive in the DOD contract? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Agreed

Reading in between the lines, it seems that when the guns are actually legitimately tested that Glocks seems to come out on top.
    How do you come to this conclusion? As far as we know, there were a number of guns that met CBP's specs. Determination could have been made on procurement cost alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    How do you come to this conclusion? As far as we know, there were a number of guns that met CBP's specs. Determination could have been made on procurement cost alone.
    I agree with their statement. So far in the end I have not seen another pistol truly beat Glock in performance or reliability. Most that have not chosen Glock ended testing early or went with by far the lowest bidder. It seems like when the department is thorough and fair Glock wins.

As said before we have benefited from Glock losing some of these. But it is a shame that in the end the best OPTION is not chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took it to mean in reference to the MHS testing which was jacked up like polio. This is known. Even the redacted GAO report mentioned better accuracy and reliability from the Glock MHS entrant. For $100M discount the Sig was "good enough" cause it's just a pistol.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Now I don't own a Glock or a SIG anything. But I was hoping that Glock would win the DOD contract and I was disappointed they did not. I've heard several reasons why and one was lack of modularity. Is this modularity with the G19 and 47 a new idea for Glock? If they had thought of it sooner could they have been more competitive in the DOD contract? Just curious.
    I'm pretty sure it was just the 100 million reasons.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I agree with their statement. So far in the end I have not seen another pistol truly beat Glock in performance or reliability. Most that have not chosen Glock ended testing early or went with by far the lowest bidder. It seems like when the department is thorough and fair Glock wins.

As said before we have benefited from Glock losing some of these. But it is a shame that in the end the best OPTION is not chosen.

Well, the 320 has been adopted by ICE, Federal Reserve Police, Texas DPS, and many others. Were these procurements all made in some underhanded manner? To assume it is not a good pistol is unrealistic.

Granted it is hard to argue that Glock is really the industry standard in terms of reliability for a 9mm service handgun. But that doesn't mean there aren't other reliable pistols out there.

Frankly, we have no "inside information" on how many pistols were tested or which ones failed or didn't fail. CBP employees involved in testing signed nondisclosure agreements and are not free to discuss what passed and why.

But again, assuming that the Glock somehow outperformed everything else is a guess and the selection could have been made solely on price. Or delivery timeframe or even recoil spring replacement schedules.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Well, the 320 has been adopted by ICE, Federal Reserve Police, Texas DPS, and many others. Were these procurements all made in some underhanded manner? To assume it is not a good pistol is unrealistic.

Granted it is hard to argue that Glock is really the industry standard in terms of reliability for a 9mm service handgun. But that doesn't mean there aren't other reliable pistols out there.

Frankly, we have no "inside information" on how many pistols were tested or which ones failed or didn't fail. CBP employees involved in testing signed nondisclosure agreements and are not free to discuss what passed and why.

But again, assuming that the Glock somehow outperformed everything else is a guess and the selection could have been made solely on price. Or delivery timeframe or even recoil spring replacement schedules.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    How you took that I said a p320 is not good I do not know. I said that Glock was the better pistol and I stand by that.

User Tag List