Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

I’ve heard it’s lots of TRS, but random other random stuff as well. Probably not an issue for a personally owed gun with some regular PM and inspection. We don’t really do that as an organization and we’re pretty rough on our equipment...It’s more, shoot em’ till they break and go get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Yea, my Station can easily go through 2-3 cases of that stuff a day when we are qualing and the P2000 chugs right through that stupid Barney purple ammo. If there were major issues with it we’d have seen it long ago.

ETA: the P2000 are going down at a record rate (not ammo related), these Glocks can’t get here soon enough!
    Purple stuff will occasionally split a case and have a failure to extract as a result. But it IS training ammo, after all. I'm surprised you haven't seen this on the line.

Yep. Guns are breaking pretty regular nowadays. Mostly trigger return springs. Occasionally the little two-finger spring and also the little round spring alongside the hammer. Also hammer struts.

Overall, I don't think too many CBP employees will miss the P2000.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Overall, I don't think too many CBP employees will miss the P2000.

No but there will be plenty of blooviating about how .40 was a real "man's gun" and the switch to 9mm was the result of a communist plot to put estrogen in the drining water. Most of those doing the bloviating will be people who could barely qual with a .40.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No but there will be plenty of blooviating about how .40 was a real "man's gun" and the switch to 9mm was the result of a communist plot to put estrogen in the drining water. Most of those doing the bloviating will be people who could barely qual with a .40.
    I know two agents in my agency who REFUSE to touch a 9mm. One was an NYPD officer in his early years, when NYPD was using FMJ ammunition, so he knows from DA STREETZ that 9mm sucks. Same agent can barely hit a cardinal direction with either of the 40 S&W pistols he has authorized. The other is a former local officer who tells the story of trying to dispatch two escaped Pit Bulls who were menacing people. His story is that he was leaning out the window of his cruiser while his partner drove, and that he "emptied two clips" at the two running pits, before they finally fell. Of course, his morale is that the 9mm is completely unsuitable for duty use. In his defense, he shoots very accurately with his personal G27 - of course the wheels come completely off when asked to shoot more than one round every half second or so...

In BP? Not in the circles I run in. Most are pretty savvy and stay current with training trends, etc.

Not that every PA is a "gun guy" but I'd put even the average agent against pretty much anyone in American law enforcement as far as shooting skill. And while I haven't trained with every department I've trained with enough over two decades to know we ain't too shabby.

Anyway, most are pretty excited to have a new gun and ammo that's supposedly going to be "easier" to shoot. That is as long as we don't get some 147gr +P+ load. That was always the old INS mentality. The faster the better!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I know two agents in my agency who REFUSE to touch a 9mm. One was an NYPD officer in his early years, when NYPD was using FMJ ammunition, so he knows from DA STREETZ that 9mm sucks. Same agent can barely hit a cardinal direction with either of the 40 S&W pistols he has authorized. The other is a former local officer who tells the story of trying to dispatch two escaped Pit Bulls who were menacing people. His story is that he was leaning out the window of his cruiser while his partner drove, and that he "emptied two clips" at the two running pits, before they finally fell. Of course, his morale is that the 9mm is completely unsuitable for duty use. In his defense, he shoots very accurately with his personal G27 - of course the wheels come completely off when asked to shoot more than one round every half second or so...
    This stuff is, by and large, cyclical. We all know it is a matter of time before there's some Bank of America somethingorother or a Klan shootout where some methed up perp soaks up a couple dozen rounds of whatever duty load. Then the cry will go out for some new wonder cartridge and the 40 or 45 or 10 will make a comeback.

Not that there's anything wrong with any of these various cartridges in and of themselves. But we know on this forum that it isn't always that simple when it comes to "stopping the fight."

Estrogen in the drinking water? Naw, your hardcore commie would never go for that. Fluoride on the other hand...

Not that we switched calibers, but when we went from the P229 to the Glock 19, all the people who couldn't shoot for shit with the P229 and said we needed Glocks all the sudden couldn't shoot for shit with Glocks either, and found reasons as to why the Glock sucks and we should have something else.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Our FIs have been keeping a list for the last year of all the Agents who said “I’d shoot expert...if I had my Glock”. Should be a good time the first couple quals watching that go down.

It goes hand in hand. The estrogen in the water that prevents “real men” from being able to shoot .40, also makes them easier to take down, thereby making the 9mm now effective, where it previously wouldn’t have been.

User Tag List