Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

A couple more photos as we wait for more info on just what the 47 is...

Appears to be tests sample. As I understand it, contract guns will have "CBP" as part of the serial number. I think that's a requirement in the SOW.

]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 04-10-2019 at 05:53 PM.

I like the idea of MOS dovetail compatible Ameriglo Agent/Bold sights. Good choice.

Do we know anything about the MOS on this pistol? Did CBP specify a footprint or will the standard MOS adapter plates meet their requirement?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Success has many parents!

I am just glad that you can buy a new Glock that is accurate, ejects cases vigorously, has a good trigger and even good sights in the form of the Bold sights, that you can take out of the box and go with. I just got a G5 26 with Bold sights today, and the only thing I did tonight was add the slightly extended fed mag release and a grip plug, both which weren’t strictly necessary. When I shot it this afternoon, even the sights were on. This is the twelve shot group I shot at 20 yards in a big wind.

Attachment 37109
    Nice shooting. I'm still trying to decide if I prefer standard Dawson Chargers or Bolds. I can't make up my mind.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I like the idea of MOS dovetail compatible Ameriglo Agent/Bold sights. Good choice.

Do we know anything about the MOS on this pistol? Did CBP specify a footprint or will the standard MOS adapter plates meet their requirement?
    The Statement Of Work linked up thread specifies the optics mount must be modular and must be able to accept both the RMR and DPP footprints. They are buying a handgun for the next 10 years or more. Given the SOW requirements and the evolution of RDS tech it would be illogical to specify a footprint.

The MOS system has gotten a bad rap due to RDS not being properly mounted. Agencies running MOS guns with armorer mounted optics are showing good results. It’s only real negative is it results in the optic sitting higher on the slide.

The 47 seems like a weird pistol.

Much like with the G45, I'm left wondering why the reverse model - the 19L - was not chosen.

19L w/ 15rd mag = 19L
    19L w/ 15+2 mag = 47/17

19L frame + 19 Slide + 15rd mag = G19
    19L frame + 19 Slide + 15+2 mag = G45

You could have just 1 common frame that 4 different pistols could be built out of.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    The 47 seems like a weird pistol.

Much like with the G45, I'm left wondering why the reverse model - the 19L - was not chosen.

19L w/ 15rd mag = 19L
    19L w/ 15+2 mag = 47/17

19L frame + 19 Slide + 15rd mag = G19
    19L frame + 19 Slide + 15+2 mag = G45

You could have just 1 common frame that 4 different pistols could be built out of.
    It would appear to me with the G47, this could be possible. G47 slide on G19 would give you your G19L.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Glock should have figured that out somewhere about 3rd gen. Same with ambi controls. But they are finally getting there.

Now if they'd make a model with a bit of a beavertail...

Gotta wait for Gen 7 for that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Gotta wait for Gen 7 for that.
    Lol that's true. If nothing else the Glock fanboys can thank SIG for causing at least some innovation....

There's talk on another board about how Glock usurped the contract away from SIG. That's not the case. The specifications called for swappable top ends and not full 320-like modularity. Had the writers of the contract truly wanted the 320 all they'd have had to do was write something about disassembly without pulling the trigger and a serialized frame component that can be removed from the plastic grip shell without tools. Language like that would have immediately disqualified the Glock as we know it.

Assuming this becomes available to the public, is there any reason to choose a Glock 17 over a Glock 47?

It might have been better to sell this as the Glock 17 Gen 6, or something. Seems a waste to sacrifice the 17 name.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Glock lover or hater, a dispassionate analysis indicates that Glock has been a roll the last few years, and is making the best pistols in the history of the company.
    Yeah, losing the Army contract seems to have been good for Glock insofar as product improvement.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 04-11-2019 at 07:22 AM.
    #RESIST

User Tag List