Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP Announces the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Think the 26 will be allowed for private purchase and off duty carry?
    Unlikely. But that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    What do we think for a time on the 47 being offered for Blue Label sales?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    What do we think for a time on the 47 being offered for Blue Label sales?
    Glock says the 47 will not be offered commercially. Agency sales only. Subject to change of course.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-04-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Never heard the rumor of everyone getting a 26. The one going around here is that we will be able to buy a 19 or 26 off the contract to “officially” carry off duty. You have any intel on dots being authorized?
    No word at all on dots and I imagine approval is quite aways off. Just a few questions I have:

1. What optic(s) will be authorized?
    2. Who will be allowed to install? Agent of FMAT?
    3. Who will be allowed to change battery (in case of RMR)?
    4. What training will be required?
    5. Who will provide the holster?
    6. What about iron sights? 3-dot tritium or something else?
    7. If an employee has to buy his own optic who will buy the irons?

Lots of stuff to work out yet.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 06-04-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Glock says the 47 will not be offered commercially. Agency sales only. Subject to change of course.
    Well that sucks, must have missed that. Hoping that changes as I would like to get a pair of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Well that sucks, must have missed that. Hoping that changes as I would like to get a pair of them.
    I can't imagine Glock won't sell either a 47 or some close version to the public at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I can't imagine Glock won't sell either a 47 or some close version to the public at some point.

You mean the 17? [emoji23]

Personally, I’d be pissed if OFO only gets the 19. I want the larger gun. Hell, if I could get a 34... I’d want a 34.

We started shooting out to 15 yards today... girl next to me got 3 or 4 out of 12 on paper. Guy beyond her didn’t fair too much better at first. He eventually got them on the body... but a lot in the 3s (looked like buckshot). She did better, but still needs a lot of work. Our TL is a retread, who failed the final qualification... and she is doing noticeably better.

When we did the front half of the course, the class did well enough (instructor was interested in seeing where we were at today... since he knew there was going to be a drop off). The two shooters I mentioned earlier... both weren’t great shots, but were in the 160ish out of 180 range prior to the move to 15 yards.

Bottom line to a lot of that... the LEM trigger. I’ll add some more and say that it definitely is due to BRAND NEW LEM triggers. Mine is getting to the point where I can get to the wall without issue. First time dry-firing (we were in a pilot program, did time on the E-range... just without those guns), there was a false wall a good deal away from the break. I had a few mention that I needed to take more slack out... was thinking that it was going to dry-fire. Nope! It was to the point that when instructors were saying to take up the slack on our first range day, you’d hear two or three rounds going off because people thought they were getting over that first wall.

If the Glocks were in holsters, I think the issues would be a lot less. And, it would allow those with issues to practice on FLETC after hours. There are no LEM guns for practice... but I’m sure they got 9mm Glocks everywhere. Stinks to be in this position when there is going to be a new roll out... but hey, I get to shoot the hell out of a brand new gun, and not have to worry about it for more than a year and a half (sooner if northern border gets them first).

Talking

But they could sell a 45X.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    You mean the 17? [emoji23]

Personally, I’d be pissed if OFO only gets the 19. I want the larger gun. Hell, if I could get a 34... I’d want a 34.

We started shooting out to 15 yards today... girl next to me got 3 or 4 out of 12 on paper. Guy beyond her didn’t fair too much better at first. He eventually got them on the body... but a lot in the 3s (looked like buckshot). She did better, but still needs a lot of work. Our TL is a retread, who failed the final qualification... and she is doing noticeably better.

When we did the front half of the course, the class did well enough (instructor was interested in seeing where we were at today... since he knew there was going to be a drop off). The two shooters I mentioned earlier... both weren’t great shots, but were in the 160ish out of 180 range prior to the move to 15 yards.

Bottom line to a lot of that... the LEM trigger. I’ll add some more and say that it definitely is due to BRAND NEW LEM triggers. Mine is getting to the point where I can get to the wall without issue. First time dry-firing (we were in a pilot program, did time on the E-range... just without those guns), there was a false wall a good deal away from the break. I had a few mention that I needed to take more slack out... was thinking that it was going to dry-fire. Nope! It was to the point that when instructors were saying to take up the slack on our first range day, you’d hear two or three rounds going off because people thought they were getting over that first wall.

If the Glocks were in holsters, I think the issues would be a lot less. And, it would allow those with issues to practice on FLETC after hours. There are no LEM guns for practice... but I’m sure they got 9mm Glocks everywhere. Stinks to be in this position when there is going to be a new roll out... but hey, I get to shoot the hell out of a brand new gun, and not have to worry about it for more than a year and a half (sooner if northern border gets them first).
    Neither the CBP OFO COF nor the FLETC PPC are very challenging. The P2000 in 40 is not the easiest gun to shoot but its not the hardest either. Most of the issues relate to it being a polymer frame .40 - Flinch, anticipation blast etc.

If your neighbors target looks like buckshot she either is not looking at the sights, has vision issues and cant see the sights or is closing her eyes as a form of flinch in response to blast.

A 9mm might help but Glocks are no panacea and have their own issues. CBP will be pushing a lot of rear sights as far right as they will go.

Transitions to new duty weapons in large agencies take time. If you have a Glock in your duty holster by this time in 2021 consider your self lucky.

Please explain this:" it would allow those with issues to practice on FLETC after hours. There are no LEM guns for practice... but I’m sure they got 9mm Glocks everywhere."

After hours access to weapons has always been restricted at FLETC. There used to be an indoor range in Brunswick which did brisk business in renting DAK and LEM guns to FLETC students though without coaching it can reinforce bad habits and be counter productive.

Years ago, trainees were issued a solid red gun with which to practice "grip and draw" and the grip and action of a revolver which had been chopped diagonal across the cylinder window to dry fire with. No sights so it was more like a trigger finger strengthener.

Some programs have functional red guns, either converted old service guns (what ICE did with P-229 DAKs) or commercially purchased functional Glock red guns.

If CBP thought it was important they would powder coat dead-lined P2000s red, clip the firing pins and plug the barrels. Its cheap enough to do with guns that are otherwise gonna go in the shredder.

Please explain this:" it would allow those with issues to practice on FLETC after hours. There are no LEM guns for practice... but I’m sure they got 9mm Glocks everywhere."

After hours access to weapons has always been restricted at FLETC. There used to be an indoor range in Brunswick which did brisk business in renting DAK and LEM guns to FLETC students though without coaching it can reinforce bad habits and be counter productive.

Years ago, trainees were issued a solid red gun with which to practice "grip and draw" and the grip and action of a revolver which had been chopped diagonal across the cylinder window to dry fire with. No sights so it was more like a trigger finger strengthener.

Some programs have functional red guns, either converted old service guns (what ICE did with P-229 DAKs) or commercially purchased functional Glock red guns.

If CBP thought it was important they would powder coat dead-lined P2000s red, clip the firing pins and plug the barrels. Its cheap enough to do with guns that are otherwise gonna go in the shredder.
    Going from bottom to top...

They do have P2000s setup like that, but only issued to instructors. The “functional” red guns are actually big with agencies that issued the P320... as I don’t think I’ve seen a rubber P320 brick as of yet. But it does make people prone to losing one of their magazines... seen that multiple times already.

Most agencies issuing Berettas, Glocks, S&Ws or H&Ks, still use the red bricks. Comes down to either something instructors use as a punishment if a gun pops out/hood goes up or something trainees like to try and pull out of the holster. One actually got the red gun out, and zippered it inside the same trainee’s backpack. Agree with the instructor aspect, but the red guns are too light for someone to get away with pulling one from a holster. It might make people paranoid with retention, but I feel it is counterproductive (stopping other trainees from doing it, which will relax when you are back at POE, and nobody is regularly trying to do that; whereas retention should be because you have a firearm on you). I’ve seen trainees get all secure when certain trainees are nearby... yet if someone they don’t know comes by, they don’t give a worry. Hugely apparent at chow.

Any agency owned firearms are locked up during training... when not being used for training. No instructors have live firearms (including firearms instructors)... and think only FLETC security has live firearms on them. If you came down with a firearm (agency or personal), it is logged into the center just outside the gate... and upon graduation, the same process is put in place for picking up your duty gun. And I do get the reason behind that.

After classes end, firearms owned by FLETC are available for use at certain ranges, judging there is personnel to cover the use. I’ll check for a poster regarding it, and see if I can take a picture after hours. They also do the same with the E-range. However, FLETC doesn’t stock every gun issued... just a few of the more common ones. Only time you can use the duty gun outside of training hours is if it’s remedial... but those people I mentioned, would likely benefit from shooting the H&K more. Don’t know if the one guy with eye dominance issues got squared away, but he would be able to benefit from just shooting a gun/E-gun.

I believe there is a local range with LEM P2000s for rent... but agree with the issue you stated. But it is something that some people just need to do to improve, and I feel it shouldn’t come down to a remedial for that to be brought up.

User Tag List