Thread: Howard Leight + Noisefighter gel pads - new version as good as the original?

Howard Leight + Noisefighter gel pads - new version as good as the original?

I pulled these two quotes from this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The Noisefighter gel pads for the HL ear pro I ordered last week arrived yesterday. They are fantastic and when combined with the HL Impact Sports make for the absolute best electronic ear pro you can get for ~$90.

Here's a photo of the gel pads compared to the OEM pads and the other aftermarket gels pads -- L to R: OEM, the other gel pads, Noisefigthers:

Attachment 25814

Attachment 25815

I also put a set on some inexpensive passive HL L0F ear pro that I use with power tools and/or to make the world go away and leave me alone with my tinnitus. They are great there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'm WAY late to this party, but these seem like they'd be incredible. I've never been able to wear ear muffs cuz of how uncomfortable they are with eye pro. I have custom made ear plugs that work very well, but I wouldn't mind also using muffs if they're comfortable enough.

So the questions are, now that these have been out for a year+, are you guys still loving them? Any issues? And is the HL Impact Sports model you linked still the best way to go with these?
    Thanks for helping me spend my money guys.
    The Noisefighters linked are no longer available, at least not through Amazon. The new version is peel and stick instead of being flanged to fit the HL Impact Sports. Does anyone know if this been a problem? Like @Balisong I'm very interested but the peel and stick aspect has me wondering if they'll last very long in a Texas summer before the glue starts to turn loose and things become a gooey mess...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I pulled these two quotes from this thread

The Noisefighters linked are no longer available, at least not through Amazon. The new version is peel and stick instead of being flanged to fit the HL Impact Sports. Does anyone know if this been a problem? Like @Balisong I'm very interested but the peel and stick aspect has me wondering if they'll last very long in a Texas summer before the glue starts to turn loose and things become a gooey mess...
    IDK but I have these and they are GTG: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXL534H...f-e998721e89f0

Their webiste makes it seem like the new model has both the flange and the peel and stick.

STANDARD MODEL -- COMPATIBLE HEADSETS:
    This model is fully compatible with Howard Leight® headsets and many others. There is an outer lip on this pad that slips under the Howard Leight® headset retaining clips and provides a secondary method to secure the pads. These pads are much more secure than our original snap-in only version and cannot fall out due to the added, specially-engineered, pressure-sensitive adhesive backing. The adhesive is non-permanent and pads can be removed dozens of times without degrading the bonding strength. Please see our INSTALL page for more details.
    https://noisefighters.com/products/s...=7930608746532

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Their webiste makes it seem like the new model has both the flange and the peel and stick.

https://noisefighters.com/products/s...=7930608746532
    Thanks, I wasn't able to get to their website from the work computer.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    IDK but I have these and they are GTG: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXL534H...f-e998721e89f0
    The ones Tom_Jones linked have a space near the top for eyepro/eyeglasses which makes them very interesting for my four eyed self.
    Last edited by awp_101; 04-08-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So I some how managed to pop one of the gel pads. These are from the group buy Tom from DSG arranged a few years back.

Name:  D47BA4B4-D3B5-46B0-BD79-AD81281E7232.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  32.7 KBName:  D47BA4B4-D3B5-46B0-BD79-AD81281E7232.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  32.7 KB

@HCM that happened to one of my group-buy gel pads a couple of months ago too. I haven’t decided on a replacement yet.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The ones Tom_Jones linked have a space near the top for eyepro/eyeglasses which makes them very interesting for my four eyed self.
    I have the Noisefighters for my HL Impact muffs. They are great and I find that the gel is so much softer (better) than the original HL cups that while the Noisefighters have the space for glasses, I don't use that space for my glasses. I just put the earpro on and bang away. So much better than the original cups its not funny.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List