Thread: AIWB Holster for S&W N Frame

AIWB Holster for S&W N Frame

I never thought I’d get into revolvers but I recently picked up an S&W 325 Thunder Ranch and, not only is this thing a blast to shoot but I’d also like to be able to carry it from time to time. Any recommendations on where I can get an AIWB holster a 4” N frame? Leather or Kydex is fine. Unfortunately JM Custom Kydex doesn’t do the N frame and looking at JRC Leather it looks like they aren’t taking orders except for the more common hand guns. JMCK and JRC are basically my go to
    holster makers for quality holsters so I’m out of ideas at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake with the IWB straps.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

It takes a serious amount of dedication to AIWB-carry that much bulk. You may want to try tucking the unloaded weapon into place, to make sure this is something you want to do. Having said that, this is not a super-human feat. I did it in the Eighties, with soft-sided synthetic rigs that are no longer marketed.

As mentioned above, Simply Rugged would be a place to start looking/asking.

Kramer Leather dot com appears to be able to help you, according to their drop-down menu. Horsehide is an option.

Barranti Leather dot com also appears to be able to help you, if the Summer Classic’s belt loop is able to pivot, for vertical carry.
    Last edited by Rex G; 04-07-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    It takes a serious amount of dedication to AIWB-carry that much bulk. You may want to try tucking the unloaded weapon into place, to make sure this is something you want to do. Having said that, this is not a super-human feat. I did it in the Eighties, with soft-sided synthetic rigs that are no longer marketed.

As mentioned above, Simply Rugged would be a place to start looking/asking.

Kramer Leather dot com appears to be able to help you, according to their drop-down menu. Horsehide is an option.

Barranti Leather dot com also appears to be able to help you, if the Summer Classic’s belt loop is able to pivot, for vertical carry.
    Stated very intelligently.

I have only one N frame, and it is never going to ride in my pants. No room for that beast! Much longer tube and all steel, unlike the gun in question.

Summer Specials work well for AIWB with 4" N Frames.

Thanks for the help guys. Kramer makes exactly what I’m looking for so I ordered one up and also ordered an OWB holster and moon clip holders from Rugged. This gun won’t be carried all the time, mostly at our hunt club and on the way too and from the property. So it will be OWB while on property and AIWB on the way up and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No aiwb experience with my Redhawk but I have a Kramer horsehide scabbard and a simply rugged pancake holster and the Kramer wins hands down. Much better fit, easier to draw, almost like kydex.

The simply rugged ruined a pair of pants while backpacking in the rain. The die leached off and left a large reddish stain.

User Tag List