Thread: Glock Spring’s question?

Glock Spring’s question?

Ok, so after many Glocks and many spring swaps and connector/trigger swaps I have a question. What would be the consensus on swapping out the connector and installing a 6lb striker/firing pin spring and the reduced power safety plunger spring? I have not ever ran the trigger spring and have read some mixed reviews on it but was curious if anyone had done it this way before or any thoughts on this “set up”. It’s on a range gun. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Ok, so after many Glocks and many spring swaps and connector/trigger swaps I have a question. What would be the consensus on swapping out the connector and installing a 6lb striker/firing pin spring and the reduced power safety plunger spring? I have not ever ran the trigger spring and have read some mixed reviews on it but was curious if anyone had done it this way before or any thoughts on this “set up”. It’s on a range gun. Thanks.
    You will have slightly less resistance when pulling the trigger over the safety plunger when using a reduced power spring.
    You will have slightly less resistance when pulling the trigger using a 6# trigger spring but "May" have reset issues.
    You will have slightly less resistance when pulling the trigger if you replace the OEM Connector with a 4.5# connector.
    What are you trying to accomplish?

A minus connector, a 4.5# firing pin spring, a reduced power safety plunger spring along with proper polishing of trigger components makes a decent trigger for a "Range Only Pistol".
    You may consider an overtravel stop also. It does not hurt to use Federal Ammunition or Federal Primers for reliable ignition with a reduced power FPS.

I can only give my experience with an HK USP 45 DA/SA full-size. I was curious if a light hammer spring would lighten trigger pull any at all. With the HK USP platform, the trigger return spring and firing pin block spring also affect trigger pull. So I put in the "match" hammer spring. The result was interesting. The trigger pull was essentially unchanged...except... for a bit of creep introduced in the single action move. Not a deal breaker, just wasn't expecting that. Function was 100%.

I read multiple firearms forums. Seem like I remember reading where a Glock owner made his trigger pull lighter by substituting parts but the trigger wasn't crisp, perhaps mushy. He put the original parts back in.

My point is that a lighter trigger pull may introduce other unwanted characteristics to the trigger pull.

Good points and the ultimate would be a complete trigger. Just thinking about that configuration as I haven’t tried it. I really appreciate the feedback.

User Tag List