Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Used 3" Model 64's $399

Site Supporter

Used 3" Model 64's $399

I hate internal locks, but decided to jump on this one.

S&W MODEL 64 .38 SPL +P REVOLVER 3" WITH INTERNAL LOCK - SS FINISH - LAW ENFORCEMENT TRADE-IN

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...-trade-in.aspx

Inventory shows 7 remaining.

Site Supporter

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    goddammit

Worst. Timing. Ever. Sadly, I’m going to have to miss out on these.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

It certainly is a buyers market.. Seems like alot of used trade-in, or contract overrun pistols showing up lately..I bought one of the 3" SP101's in the thread below.. You can't go wrong with either one these for the money..

I don't own a Smith with an internal lock. Are those things really a big deal on a steel medium frame gun shooting .38 SPL? Or is it only a concern for light alloy guns shooting magnum loads. I'm asking for friend because I...errr he doesn't want to spend extra on a used gun to disable that lock if it's not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I don't own a Smith with an internal lock. Are those things really a big deal on a steel medium frame gun shooting .38 SPL? Or is it only a concern for light alloy guns shooting magnum loads. I'm asking for friend because I...errr he doesn't want to spend extra on a used gun to disable that lock if it's not necessary.
    Well I have a M69, .44mag, and I've shot some pretty stiff loads thru it, and I've never had a problem with the lock..

Site Supporter
    My only ILS equipped Smith revolver is a six year old 442-2 with about 600 rounds through it with no problems whatsoever.
    I would spring for one of the advertised 64s if I just hadn’t found a M64 3” NY-1 revolver last weekend. Budget blown for now.

Internal lock by list manufactured in the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Internal lock by list manufactured in the 70's.
    I caught that too

User Tag List