Thread: Snapped off bead sight

Snapped off bead sight

Wife managed to snap the bead off her new Beretta A300 Outlander. While I get that it’s not really necessary for shooting flying targets, I’d like to at least have the option to replace it.

I’ve googled and found various kits and suggestions but I thought I’d ask here.

I’d love to just give it to a gunsmith but I don’t know where any are within an hour drive... probably more.

Any suggestions?

My Beretta 390 has a screw on bead front sight. I wonder if you can tap the stem and unscrew it and screw in a new one.

This one from Brownells fits my gun: https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...Make_3=Beretta

Yeah this one screws in (mine actually fell out) but hers is snapped off

I’ve considered trying to drill it out or even using a reverse drill bit but the shaft is tiny.

The metal on these beads are not too hardened. I have had some luck using an eyeglasses repair screwdriver to chisel in a slot and use the same tool to unscrew it. I taped of the barrel with some masking tape to prevent any inadvertent jumps and scratches. Another option is to call Beretta. You would only have to send off the barrel if they agree to fix it for you.

Name:  IMG_2911.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  29.0 KB

User Tag List