Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for new eye pro - Are any polarized?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I cannot speak to starbursting, but IIRC polarized lenses could make the EOTech reticle disappear, depending on angle/rotation.
    I had this happen to me at a 3 gun match. Rotated the gun 90 degrees be able to shoot through a narrow port, and the reticle completely disappeared. Cant acts like a dimmer switch. Perfectly upright is full on, horizontal is full off, with degrees of brightness in between.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post
    I had this happen to me at a 3 gun match. Rotated the gun 90 degrees be able to shoot through a narrow port, and the reticle completely disappeared. Cant acts like a dimmer switch. Perfectly upright is full on, horizontal is full off, with degrees of brightness in between.
    That's interesting. I know polarized lenses will make LCD screens look blank depending on angle and it can make some of the new heads up displays in cars disappear too. I suspect the issue with the Eotech is how it's a laser suspended in a prism; I'm curious what would happen to a red dot; I don't think there is any polarized filters on a red dot display but I don't know for certain.

I like the Prizm TR-22 lenses for shooting.

I rarely shoot red dots, but I’m going to try them out with some polarized lenses to see if it reduces the starburst effect. Red dots look like a comma to me so I just zero for the top of the comma. It works for me, but I realize that not optimal.

I tried Revision Sawfly and found the frame to be kind of cheap feeling so I returned them.

I tried the photochromic and polarized lenses from ESS and the photocrhomic wouldn't work for me at all, they just stayed clear the whole time. The polarized lenses helped with the red dot but not enough to justify using them to be honest. Like it brought the starburst effect down to from a 10 to a 9.

Of course all eyes are different so you have to try yourself to see if you have any better luck.

I stuck with the basic ESS Crossbow Supressor framed glasses. $100 for the kit with clear, smoke, and copper colored lenses.

User Tag List