Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SOM shoes

SOM shoes

Anyone have any experience with SOM shoes.

https://www.somfootwear.com/?gclid=E...SAAEgIhc_D_BwE
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I'd not heard of the SOM barefoot shoes before this, but I've been wearing Vibram Fivefingers as my workout shoe for years and I've taken to wearing Vivo barefoot shoes daily...love 'em. I've got 99 aches and pains but my feet ain't one.

https://www.vivobarefoot.com/us?mscl...ND%20-%20EXACT

I've had great luck with VivoBarefoot but when I needed a new pair they were outta the Primus FG in my size everywhere. Went with a Merrell Trailglove that is OK but I woulda bought the SOM on appearance had I seen the Trailhead. If you get them please report back, I dig the look.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I have used a few pairs of Lems shoes. They have been pretty good work out shoes.

https://www.lemsshoes.com/

SOM shoes

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I've had great luck with VivoBarefoot but when I needed a new pair they were outta the Primus FG in my size everywhere. Went with a Merrell Trailglove that is OK but I woulda bought the SOM on appearance had I seen the Trailhead. If you get them please report back, I dig the look.
    The newer model Trailgloves just pale in comparison to the originals. Incredibly disappointing. Merrell was at the forefront of this trend and then discarded everything that made the Sasquatch-footed folks like myself buy in in the first place.

NB at least listened and brought back the OG Minimus design. Going to need a replacement pair soon, myself.

I’m going to have to try these SOM.

ETA: Oh, shit! I’m definitely buying a pair of SOMs. They will resolve your old pair when you buy a new pair, for free.
    Last edited by OnionsAndDragons; 04-07-2019 at 12:05 PM.

I have not been impressed with Merrell in many a year. They are vastly overrated by folks who generally don't know any better, imho. (Which is not to say that there isn't a good pair here there.)

Some interesting info in this thread. I am woefully out of touch with these brands and welcome the new knowledge.

Most of my daily walking is performed on rough, sloping gravel roads, with mud and clay as a bonus. So I require tough shoes that offer durability, ruggedness and protection. The most recent shoes purchased in the last couple of years have been Ahnu and Oboz. But they are heavier and clunkier than the goods represented above.
    Last edited by blues; 04-07-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have not been impressed with Merrell in many a year. They are vastly overrated by folks who generally don't know any better, imho.
    (Which is not to say that there isn't a good pair here there.)
    I typically avoid them based on the tactard use of them alone. They're most often just a shoe/boot sold at Dick's that's perceived to be nice based on the reputation of their other products not available in department stores worn by people who don't use them enough to notice that they're just meh.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Ordered them they said 8 days aprox to ship. Will do.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Hmmm their black canvas has an 'email me when in stock' link for size 15. I'll try those if they come available. Thanks for the linky!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Ordered them they said 8 days aprox to ship. Will do.
    If you get a chance, please come back and give your thoughts after wearing them for a while.

I'm a big fan of of the barefoot thing. I started out with VFF and I liked them a lot but they wore out so quick! I even used them backpacking - my favorite memory being up in the Bucks Lake Wilderness early spring when there was still a ton of snow on the ground. My backpacking companion wore traditional heavy leather 6" boots, and couldn't climb the mounds of snow well, whereas with the VFF I could articulate my toes and bite into the snow.

I'm currently using the Inov8 F-Lite 235 which aren't bad, but they aren't my beloved VFF's.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List