Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOM shoes

Dropping this here for the minimalists with sweaty feet like myself. Uniqlo's style and fit isn't my thing, but their socks that I have tried are good (and cheap). These no-show socks are awesome--perfect weight and a super comfortable and effective no slip heel pad. They have free shipping on any size order right now:

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-low...cgid=men-socks

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Dropping this here for the minimalists with sweaty feet like myself. Uniqlo's style and fit isn't my thing, but their socks that I have tried are good (and cheap). These no-show socks are awesome--perfect weight and a super comfortable and effective no slip heel pad. They have free shipping on any size order right now:

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-low...cgid=men-socks
    Thanks, @Gater. I had just purchased some alleged No-Show socks from Timberland via amazon but they are low, not no-show. Lower than their quarter socks but not what I was hoping for.

Just ordered two pair of the black and dark gray. Too bad they didn't have brown as well.
    Last edited by blues; 05-25-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

@Gater

The no-shows showed up, (is that an oxymoron?)...and they seem to fit the bill. Threw on one pair right away and they feel secure, are staying in place and are actually no-show. So I guess it didn't matter if they didn't have brown. Well, duh!

Thanks again for the heads up. I can see getting some more for myself and the missus.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Gater

The no-shows showed up, (is that an oxymoron?)...and they seem to fit the bill. Threw on one pair right away and they feel secure, are staying in place and are actually no-show. So I guess it didn't matter if they didn't have brown. Well, duh!

Thanks again for the heads up. I can see getting some more for myself and the missus.

Hope they work out for you. I tired a pair of Smartwool ones before I found these, and they had an uncomfortable seam across the top of the foot, didn't stay in place, and were too hot. I was glad to find the Uniqlo.

An update on these shoes. These are very comfortable and I have been wearing them constantly. Unfortunately towards the end of last year both shoes developed a squeak. SOM recommended to wash them and let them air dry which I did. The squeak went away for a period of time then returned. SOM had me return the shoes to them at their cost. They could not duplicate the squeak on their end. They offered to replace the shoes at no cost but I declined and had them return the shoes to me. I wore them for about a week and while initially there was no squeak it did return in one shoe. Just received an email from the owners and they are replacing the shoes including shipping at no cost to me.
    Spectacular customer service and they stated they had never had this problem before.
    So at this point having worn this style shoe for some time I am sold on the concept and SOM shoes. I should caution anyone who is interested once you wear this style shoe you will probably not want to return to regular style shoes. They are that comfortable.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I’ll give a pair a try. I actually do like my Trail Gloves. My toe area isn’t wide per se but my foot is very rectangular, with all the toes reaching the sameish point.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I got them in Friday wore them around the house that night. Delivery was much quicker than the possible 8 day possible ship period I was given as worse case scenario. Wore them some more sat am around the house then decided to keep them.
    I've been wearing them out and around since then sock less.
    Understood the barefoot aspect quickly. So I don't have any experience with this type of shoe but the toe box is huge. If they were red they would be like clown shoes. Then again i wear a 13.5 so maybe that has something to do with it. I think based on my foot width they could be a bit tighter in the toe box but it wouldn't make that much of a difference.
    I wish they had a rounded heel instead of an edge. They are light and comfortable. All of my walking in them has been on concrete or asphalt. They are true to size and very very well put together.
    I would say they are worth ordering if this type shoe interests you. Remember I have nothing of this type to compare them to.
    I think Ill try a pair of the LEM shoes mentioned earlier in the thread next.
    I am now definitely a fan of the barefoot type shoe.
    Can you clarify which shoe you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Can you clarify which shoe you got?
    https://www.somfootwear.com/products/trailhead

They offer elastic laces as an option. I’d never tried them before but I am a huge fan now.

I bought a pair of these from the good recommendations here and I'm also very pleased. I had lingering plantar fasciitis when I bought these (not anymore) and currently have a hairline fracture in my fifth metacarpal that has been pain-free while wearing these shoes. They just fit very naturally without being a real barefoot shoe and they've struck a really nice balance. You forget about your feet while wearing them and you can wear them with jeans. I'm not saying it will fix all foot issues but it has definitely helped mine.

ETA: They didn't have a place to request elastic laces but I would have tried them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I bought a pair of these from the good recommendations here and I'm also very pleased. I had lingering plantar fasciitis when I bought these (not anymore) and currently have a hairline fracture in my fifth metacarpal that has been pain-free while wearing these shoes. They just fit very naturally without being a real barefoot shoe and they've struck a really nice balance. You forget about your feet while wearing them and you can wear them with jeans. I'm not saying it will fix all foot issues but it has definitely helped mine.

ETA: They didn't have a place to request elastic laces but I would have tried them.
    They are under add ons
    https://www.somfootwear.com/collecti...ucts/snaplaces
    More color options at Amazon
    They wear out so Id order two pair.

User Tag List