Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawson Precision Glock HiCap Basepad

Dawson Precision Glock HiCap Basepad

I ran a search (by title only) didn't find anything related to the basepad.

I'm referring to the basepad that expands the capacity of your mag seen here:

https://dawsonprecision.com/basepad-...son-precision/

Description says
    •Get 22-23 Rounds in 9mm •Get 19-20 Rounds in .40 SW •Comes With Extra Power Mag Spring Included! •DP Legendary Tool-Less Design! •CNC Machined From Aircraft Aluminum
    This 22-23 round figure, is it for a G17 magazine? Meaning a G19 would have 20 to 21?

Anyone here have opinions on this? It costs a little more than a new OEM Glock mag so it's kind of expensive for what you get...
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I have one for my 34 I use for competition. I’m able to get 5 extra rounds with it. It’s pretty decent, no complaints so far. Ordered when TT was out of stock. I don’t think this will work for the 15 round mag but not 100% sure on that.

@Dismas316,

TT? Meaning Tactical Tailor, the nylon equipment maker?

It should fit on a 15 round mag, I'm pretty sure the mag tubes are the same at the bottom. Unless you mean one couldn't get +5 capacity with a 15 rd mag?

Sorry I meant Taran Tactical. It comes with a power spring so not sure that works in the 15 round mag. I know the TT don’t work on the 15 round mags so I’m assuming Dawsons don’t either.

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com...ne-extensions/
    Last edited by Dismas316; 04-06-2019 at 07:43 PM.

I have 5 Dawson pads for my .40s which give +4. I don't know how they work with a 19 length mag.
    I have not had any issues with them so far. ~6 months and 500 rounds each. You will need a fine file and some 220 sandpaper to fit your follower to get the last round in. It is not difficult to do and instructions are included. Dawson also has a youtube video on fitting them as well.

The P&S guys have reported good results with them if that is any consolation.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 04-06-2019 at 07:45 PM.

For competition use? Or for carry?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    For competition use? Or for carry?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I have 5 Dawson pads for my .40s which give +4. I don't know how they work with a 19 length mag.
    I have not had any issues with them so far. ~6 months and 500 rounds each. You will need a fine file and some 220 sandpaper to fit your follower to get the last round in. It is not difficult to do and instructions are included. Dawson also has a youtube video on fitting them as well.

The P&S guys have reported good results with them if that is any consolation.
    For those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xRAyzmmcr0

EDIT: Just finished watching the above video. In it, the fella (Mr. Dawson?) is using a 15 round magazine and gets +5 with the basepad.
    Last edited by Jay585; 04-06-2019 at 08:37 PM.

I'd give the Magpul 21 rounders a shot at their price point for competition/carry.

For carry only, there are the new Glock 24 round magazines, but they're too long for competition. I've been meaning to pick some up...

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'd give the Magpul 21 rounders a shot at their price point for competition/carry.

For carry only, there are the new Glock 24 round magazines, but they're too long for competition. I've been meaning to pick some up...
    I have the 15 round MagPul mags and they don't lock the slide back when empty. I should try again, maybe it was hand positioning as I have the same result with my OEM Glock 15 with OEM Glock +2 extension and Wolff 10% spring.
    Last edited by Jay585; 04-06-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I have the 15 round MagPul mags and they don't lock the slide back when empty. I should try again, maybe it was hand positioning as I have the same result with my OEM Glock 15 with OEM Glock +2 extension and Wolff 10% spring.
    I'm not a huge fan of the Magpul mags, but the 21 rounders I tried didn't give me any problems. I found the 17 rounders sometimes didn't want to drop free though when empty. For competition use in a division where I can actually use 21 round magazines, I don't expect to go to slide lock or drop empty magazines.

OEM magazines are the answer whenever possible.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 04-06-2019 at 08:44 PM.

User Tag List