Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: $399 SP-101 at CDNN - .38 Special

Site Supporter
    Nothing like finally justifying it to yourself, only to discover the price went up to $449 by the time you decided to do it.

I can just hear my father rambling 'That's how they git ya!'

For those interested, I just got off the phone with Hogue.

They have the grip screw with lanyard rings in stock at $2.50 each. Part number is 00128 for the 1/2" version, and they offered USPS first class mail shipping at just over $3.00, with no minimum purchase requirement....

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Nothing like finally justifying it to yourself, only to discover the price went up to $449 by the time you decided to do it.

Keep watching and the price will drop to the previous price or a bit lower. CDNN prices move up and down as "sales" come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

Yikes!!! I guess when items start to move, CDNN raises the price.. Still, it is a non cataloged, contracted item, and it's likely there were'nt alot of them made.. Keep an eye on them, if sales drop off enough, they'll put them on "sale" again..

It's amazing when they increase the price I want it more and regret making the jump. Sort of like I won't decide to buy one until I see they are sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    It's amazing when they increase the price I want it more and regret making the jump. Sort of like I won't decide to buy one until I see they are sold out.
    The trouble is, we don't know how many of these things CDNN has, they could have 100, or 1000, now it becomes more of a dice throw..Me being an enabler, I'd suggest that you just go ahead and order it. Seriously though, when these things are gone, you won't see any more unless they pop up on the used market.. This little Ruger makes the third contract overrun pistol I've picked up..

Pistol arrived today as promised, they are NIB, DA trigger a bit rough feeling, will probably smooth out with use, or possibly a trigger job, need to put some rounds through it first.. Trigger has no sharp edges on it anywhere. I'm really digging the size of this thing..It's just right..This is just a plain jane .38 special revolver just the way I like'em..If I get a chance, I'll post pics later this evening..

Has anyone used mcarbo spring/shim kits? I just watched a vid where does quite a bit of polishing, and with the supplied springs, shims made a huge drop in the DA trigger pull like from over 10 lbs to a little 4lbs when he was done..I would'nt go that far, but after a quick dissaessembly looking at the trigger and it's components, there's alot of rough stamped parts in there that would probably benefit from some smoothing out.. But like I said I need to run some rounds through it first, and go from there..
    Last edited by ralph; 04-10-2019 at 04:53 PM.

I did the MCarbo this weekend on a Wiley Clapp. Their video online is very good but I also used https://www.sp101trigger.com/ as a guide. In addition to the MCarbo set I also bought hammer dog shims and 0.08 hammer shims.

The trigger went from truly awful to absolutely fantastic. Recommend it highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    I did the MCarbo this weekend on a Wiley Clapp. Their video online is very good but I also used https://www.sp101trigger.com/ as a guide. In addition to the MCarbo set I also bought hammer dog shims and 0.08 hammer shims.

The trigger went from truly awful to absolutely fantastic. Recommend it highly.
    Ordered the mcarbo kit along with their polishing kit, and some hammer dog shims, I'm thinking this may not be too difficult, the results certianly look promising, I like this little pistol, but as they come out of the box, they need a little help..

Bailed out of CT -stupid gun laws- retired to summer house in Maine
    Picked up one of these. Arrived in 2 days NIB from CDDN. Feels good in hands, nice size grips fit me well. Grips appeared large in pics but not too big for CCW if you go that route. Performed well at the range, sights were on target no issues 100 rounds. Ammo Remington 148 gr wadcutters & 125gr Blazer Brass. Transitioning back to revolvers for CCW. Wanted to try a slightly larger gun than my current carry S&W Model 36 with bobbed hammer. Admittedly that one is hard to beat.

User Tag List