Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $399 SP-101 at CDNN - .38 Special

That's the last thing I needed to see today.. I practice with my Match Champion in conjunction with shooting my DA/SA semi autos, but damn, I could see how that little pistol could be pertty handy, plus I'm already set up to load .38/.357... Damnit..ordered..
    Last edited by ralph; 04-06-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Radar Love View Post
    Looks like you're right! I did some googling & stared at a bunch of French butts and found some pictures:

Attachment 36964
    Attachment 36965
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serv...ce_ferroviaire

The Service national de la police ferroviaire (National Railway Police Service), created on 27 June 2006,[1] is a service of the General Directorate of the French National Police of the Central Directorate of Border Police (DCPAF), with national jurisdiction. It is responsible for the safety of passengers and railway operators on the metropolitan rail network. It carries out its missions on board trains and at railway stations, some of which are included in the perimeter of priority safety zones (ZSP).

I guess it's a little late to ask but these are new pistols aren't they?

Thanks! I poked around on the French wiki and looks like France regulates specific calibers police can use, so some departments were limited to .38 revolvers and 7,65mm pistols amended to include 9mm in 2016. That might explain why these are up for sale.

edit: Looks like SUGE is switching to the P320.
    Last edited by Radar Love; 04-06-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Looking at Ruger's website, this isn't listed (or at least I could'nt find it) So, this is possibly a non cataloged item?

According to this thread on RugerForum.net, these revolvers were from the contract run for the French Railway police mentioned above. https://rugerforum.net/ruger-double-...5776-what.html

It is a pretty good price as I remember buying my first SP-101 in 1995 for $318, including tax. The three-inch guns are always harder to find. If I was not busy blowing my gun budget on Arex Rex pistols, I would buy one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    According to this thread on RugerForum.net, these revolvers were from the contract run for the French Railway police mentioned above. https://rugerforum.net/ruger-double-...5776-what.html

It is a pretty good price as I remember buying my first SP-101 in 1995 for $318, including tax. The three-inch guns are always harder to find. If I was not busy blowing my gun budget on Arex Rex pistols, I would buy one of these.
    So, does anybody know if these are NIB, or used? I guess I should've askec CDNN before I bought, the pics on their site show what apoears to be new pistols..I hoping that's the case..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    So, does anybody know if these are NIB, or used? I guess I should've askec CDNN before I bought, the pics on their site show what apoears to be new pistols..I hoping that's the case..
    CDNN is good about mentioning if a gun is used, so it is NIB. I expect these are just overruns from the contract that are being liquidated.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    CDNN is good about mentioning if a gun is used, so it is NIB. I expect these are just overruns from the contract that are being liquidated.
    Great ! These ought to be wonderful little shooters, I'm not real familar with Ruger frame sizes, (I only have a GP-100, Match Champion) would the SP101 be about the same size as a j frame or are they slightly larger?
    Last edited by ralph; 04-06-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Great ! These ought to be wonderful little shooters, I'm not real familar with Ruger frame sizes, (I only have a GP-100, Match Champion) would the SP101 be about the same size as a j frame or are they slightly larger?
    Slightly larger, more Colt D frame size.

User Tag List